My Br55 So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
That issue is being taken care of, so hopefully will be resolved soon.

Anyway...

Yodajammies said:
dang. I'm in the shop today and just had to eyeball the measurements. I was pretty close though at 27" :D

LeeKegan said:
I need to check, but have you started a thread on your BR?

That was pretty close on the measurement!

A helluva lot closer than mine. Minus the barrel, the BR schematic I drafted a while back only measures in at 24" (n) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Last mold being poured. I had originally made this last week but I didn't use enough mold release and the halves stuck together. $100 mistake. Oops.

My old trusty Gateway DC-M42 camera finally died :( so I had to go camera shopping as well. Got a Fujifilm S1500. Not great but not bad for the price.

brmold27.jpg

Looking really good there! Hope this mold comes apart! It looks like you have a small pour spout or is it a vent?

No joke - that mold looks great! Did you suspend the BR in the cavity and under-pour - is that what the visible dowels are for? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Put me on the list - pretty please?

I don't know what I'm more impressed with; the mold box or the gun itself.

Amazing quality on both. Seems that Texas and Indiana have most of the Halo propping talent!

DogWizard said:
No joke - that mold looks great! Did you suspend the BR in the cavity and under-pour - is that what the visible dowels are for? Inquiring minds want to know... :D

I was wondering this as well. I know you do vacuum degassing, but wouldn't there be some air bubbles trapped in the cavities of some recessed areas if you did a suspended under-pour? Sorry I bug you so much about the moldmaking stuff Rube, but you definitely know your stuff!

protonguy said:
I don't know what I'm more impressed with; the mold box or the gun itself.

Amazing quality on both. Seems that Texas and Indiana have most of the Halo propping talent!

Woo! Go Indiana! :D

:p

Lee like I said I'll have to meet you in the summer, My brother is going to be going to IU Bloomington, and that's not too far from where you are at, and I'll be going some where a little closer, but either way, when I come down with 'em. lol yea... :D

Macattack64 said:
Woo! Go Indiana! :D

:p

Lee like I said I'll have to meet you in the summer, My brother is going to be going to IU Bloomington, and that's not too far from where you are at, and I'll be going some where a little closer, but either way, when I come down with 'em. lol yea... :D

Your more than welcome to drop by. Just PM me when your coming down and I will give you directions.

DogWizard said:

DerKraken said:
I was wondering this as well. I know you do vacuum degassing, but wouldn't there be some air bubbles trapped in the cavities of some recessed areas if you did a suspended under-pour? Sorry I bug you so much about the moldmaking stuff Rube, but you definitely know your stuff!

I paint a thin layer of rubber on the bottom side. When that cures, I fill in areas that would trap air bubbles with thickened rubber. However, I think it is easier to do what most people do and embed the model in a clay bed. I'll probably do it that way in the future. I was just experimenting.

And that chunk of clay is a pour spout.

Indiana FTW!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sr. Chief(Maverick) @ May 5 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Do you have pics of your BR with working ammo counter yet LeeKegan?</div>

Still haven't received it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back