My Completed Master Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me what you think guys. Im just starting out on this stuff. This is the first of I hope to be many more

its looking pretty good the only thing thats missing is the neck piece but other than that its a great suit

Yeah the bottom pictures are after a little kid at a party decided my chest would be fun to take a punch at. it popped a support piece at the back kinda so it made the chest a little wobbly and uneven in the last few picts

The chest is a bit big, and did you use bondo at all? Other than a couple things that need fixing, it's pretty good.

No I didnt use any Bondo. The whole project was kind of rushed to be complete after school since halloween was that weekend. I actually didnt sleep friday nite just worked through the whole nite. And yeah the chest is off cuz I wasnt sure what to scale to. I tried different things but in the end just kind of winged it. got some questions tho. What u use to scale it to and how do u get it on after its done. Any smaller and I dont think I can get the chest on. I plan on doin a recon suit soon so how would you measure it by? and How do you get pieces like the should to stay up? I used a foam that I was cutting out.

You have to split the chest front/back to get it to fit when its scaled correctly. You can use straps or neodymium magnets to hold the 2 pieces together.

The best thing to do on size would be to build one of those no detail models after taking some measurements, and go from there with it. I'm a littler dude 5'7" and 160lbs. if I remember correctly mine is scaled at 40cm just to give you an idea of where to start, but you look like a taller guy.

Spartan IV G-2714 said:
No I didnt use any Bondo. The whole project was kind of rushed to be complete after school since halloween was that weekend. I actually didnt sleep friday nite just worked through the whole nite. And yeah the chest is off cuz I wasnt sure what to scale to. I tried different things but in the end just kind of winged it. got some questions tho. What u use to scale it to and how do u get it on after its done. Any smaller and I dont think I can get the chest on. I plan on doin a recon suit soon so how would you measure it by? and How do you get pieces like the should to stay up? I used a foam that I was cutting out.

Kids hitting you is common. To solve that just hit them back. JK No don't but what you can do is add more layers of FB like 4. That way if a little kid punches it the only reaction is little him or her getting that hand hurt bc there is no way to punch though that many layers or break it.

The the chest, yes yes..scale it down...to get it off and on. Cut it into the front and back piece. To scale it use the width and not the height of the torso think about your shoulder width to scale it, not all that your height times 2.2326 divided by .225....etc. Measure your body and compare to the model and sizes it gives you in the program.

Good work on a first suit that was rushed!

Last edited by a moderator:
JediStumpy said:
Kids hitting you is common. To solve that just hit them back. JK No don't but what you can do is add more layers of FB like 4. That way if a little kid punches it the only reaction is little him or her getting that hand hurt bc there is no way to punch though that many layers or break it.

The the chest, yes yes..scale it down...to get it off and on. Cut it into the front and back piece. To scale it use the width and not the height of the torso think about your shoulder width to scale it, not all that your height times 2.2326 divided by .225....etc. Measure your body and compare to the model and sizes it gives you in the program.

Good work on a first suit that was rushed!

Yeah thanks man. When i do the recon suit I plan On taking more time and adding more layers of resin and fiberglass. Is Bondo really necessary? And are there any other places to download Pep files other than Halo. wiki.?

Remake the chest to the right scale for your body and make sure you get some fiberglass and bondo on the chest and have the kid hit you then. That should break his hand. Also, start by making the cod piece as strong as steel. Kids like to kick you down there and it can hurt if all you have is a pep file and some glue protecting the twins. Looks good.

WOW!

that's great!

I decided I couldn't finish by halloween, so it's now a long term poject.

ADVICE: Start your new one now!

iSUPERNOOB said:
am i the only one who is gonna ask this? lol

how was the face sheild only $7?

Lol I was wondering if anyone was gonna ask that. I didnt want to pay like 30 bucks for my first faceshield on my first project so while I was in hobby lobby getting another xacto knife i found something. There are these multi colored sheets called PVC sheeting. its colored but clear. After some testing if you put a green, red then two yellow together you get a gold reflection that cant be seen through unless its from the green side. They were out of the amber colored sheeting which works better. Thats what i will use from now on. The combo is Green, 2 amber and then yellow. The sheild is strong and stiff with enough sheeting and the pieces only cost like 1.50 each.

Spartan IV G-2714 said:
Lol I was wondering if anyone was gonna ask that. I didnt want to pay like 30 bucks for my first faceshield on my first project so while I was in hobby lobby getting another xacto knife i found something. There are these multi colored sheets called PVC sheeting. its colored but clear. After some testing if you put a green, red then two yellow together you get a gold reflection that cant be seen through unless its from the green side. They were out of the amber colored sheeting which works better. Thats what i will use from now on. The combo is Green, 2 amber and then yellow. The sheild is strong and stiff with enough sheeting and the pieces only cost like 1.50 each.

ok, that sounds pretty awsome, how thick is it would you say?

iSUPERNOOB said:
am i the only one who is gonna ask this? lol

how was the face sheild only $7?

Also if you want the etchings in the face shield( which I didnt have time to make) you can take a yell sheeting or amber and draw and cut out the shapes and glue the corners tightly to your shield. The etchings will blend with the gold color but its still raised and looks sweet

iSUPERNOOB said:
ok, that sounds pretty awsome, how thick is it would you say?

Its About 4 cardstock sheets thick. But the PVC sheeting is plastic so it cant rip. I cant fold it. It just bends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back