My Cqb Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a short update, ill have more tomorrow night.
gallery_6889_643_23108.jpeg

gallery_6889_643_238008.jpeg

So its been like 2 weeks since my last update, so i figured id put up a good one...
gallery_6889_643_88658.jpg

gallery_6889_643_110787.jpg
gallery_6889_643_60780.jpg

gallery_6889_643_16614.jpg

gallery_6889_643_110635.jpg

visor anyone?

gallery_6889_643_123180.jpg

gallery_6889_643_182890.jpg

ok, so questions n comments please! :D

Also, would it be possible for a mod to move this into the "Pepakura and Cardboard Armor" section since im no longer listed as in the Group: Noob, and i dont want to have to start a new thread in there?

In my opinion, this looks like something I would see in the Elite sub-forum!

Excellent work! The detailing is amazing!

Very nice helmet, it's really smooth, and the detail is awesome! Are those drawings on the sketchpad yours? They look really nice. Lovin' the floral design too, btw. :D

daftspartan said:
Alright! This is shaping up quite nicely :D
One question, is that visor just a plain ole' HJC like all the other ones we use?
Actually, this is the hjc hj-11, its a bit taller, for an open faced helmet. The hj-09, i believe thats the right one, is the one normally used for most of the other helmets and it doesnt reach from top to bottom on the cqb. Ill take a picture of the hj-11 and put it on here tomorrow cuz i had a real hard time finding a picture of one when i was trying to verify that it was infact the openfaced visor.

Achille said:
Very nice helmet, it's really smooth, and the detail is awesome! Are those drawings on the sketchpad yours?
Yep, that be mah drawin pad, a while ago i sat down and drew a cqb helm really big and added in alot of the detail that i saw in the game, that way i could add it to my helmet without having to have the game with me. Im actually planning on doing another drawing of the cqb, with more exact detail that hopefully some super skilled modeler can make for pep :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I used an HJ- 05 I believe... Like you, I had a difficult time finding pictures of each visor, so I kinda just took a chance, but luckily it fit fine. :D
The picture of the HJ-11 would be greatly appreciated, though. I was wondering how helmets with large visors would take to HJC face shields... ;)

Spartan137 said:
In my opinion, this looks like something I would see in the Elite sub-forum!

Excellent work! The detailing is amazing!
Thanks i really appriciate it, thats actually why ive been putting alot of attention to detail in it :)

Achille said:
Very nice helmet, it's really smooth, and the detail is awesome! Are those drawings on the sketchpad yours? They look really nice. Lovin' the floral design too, btw. :D
Heres the pic from my pad, its not the super high detail one yet though.
gallery_6889_643_153955.jpeg

daftspartan said:
I used an HJ- 05 I believe... Like you, I had a difficult time finding pictures of each visor, so I kinda just took a chance, but luckily it fit fine. :D
The picture of the HJ-11 would be greatly appreciated, though. I was wondering how helmets with large visors would take to HJC face shields... ;)
Here you go, 3 pics, front, side, and scale comparison
gallery_6889_643_40417.jpeg

gallery_6889_643_19997.jpeg

gallery_6889_643_94965.jpeg

se7enheads said:
fantastic job lex! I gots mine too, but have had little time to install. I hope mine looks nearly as good!
Dude, you are awesome, i wanted to thank you again for the matboard suggestion for the detail on the helm, i think it really turned out nice! And actually, the visor is just sitting inside the helmet, its not in there for good yet.

Finnish_Spartan said:
Looks great, i was just about to tell you to add more detail, but you did that already!
Great job!

-FSS
Ya, i figured that since i was going to be getting the last few things that i needed to finish it, i'd start adding in the detail that needed to be in it so when i got everything i could just put it all together and paint it... which will hopefully be sometime next week! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
wow it looks awesome! i hope i could make something that looks as good as this helmet one day

Hey just a quick update. Helmet is coming along great. Should definitly have it done for halloween, but wont have the rest of the armor done. Ive got my left arm fiberglassed, sorry no pics. Im at work and the connection here is being weird and wont load almost any pictures, so ill do it when i get home.

Also wanted to say hi to all you people who troll around in the pep sub-forum, i just got this moved here from the noob forum... so hi :)

Nicely done L3X! Very good so far. Can't wait to see paint put on there. Might have to hit you up for some tips when I get mine built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back