My E.o.d's Painting Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cladspartanex

So here it is, my first halo helm. Ive worked really hard, so please try to keep comments to constructive critisicm only. I understand the painting is a bit messed up but im in the process of fixing that. My paint scheme will be slightly different, such as no black on top, but im looking into what it would look like if i had a nice black stripe that flows around the back of the helm , and then some red almost sparkly detail paint on one side of the face. (Matt black will be the eye-line color and also around the back of the respirators? im guessing.)

Cheers

(UPDATE) i recently added a burgundy red strip using heavy gunner's idea. Will be posting pics in half hour to an hour.

Cheerrrrrs

Clad

That actually looks really good for a first. I assume that was pep based. Looks great though, I like the high gloss. :D

Gokussj5okazu said:
That actually looks really good for a first. I assume that was pep based. Looks great though, I like the high gloss. :D

thanks, ive always like higher gloss paint. makes the piece shine and look cool at different angles :) And yes, it was pepped based.

Clad

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Looks great! :) Might I ask what you used to smooth the exterior? It doesn't look like bondo to me.

I disagree! I really like the two black spots on the top back. I think it would look really nice if you were to connect the black spot in front with the two in back. Kind of making a cross sort of thing. But whatever you decide to do, I can't wait to see the final paint ;) One of very few complete Eod helms I've seen. (Considering mine still isn't done) :rolleyes

HeavyGunner said:
Wow! Looks great! :) Might I ask what you used to smooth the exterior? It doesn't look like bondo to me.

I disagree! I really like the two black spots on the top back. I think it would look really nice if you were to connect the black spot in front with the two in back. Kind of making a cross sort of thing. But whatever you decide to do, I can't wait to see the final paint ;) One of very few complete Eod helms I've seen. (Considering mine still isn't done) :rolleyes

Thank you for your kind words heavygunner, i understand what you mean, and it could work, because i want my eod helm to look individually different and sorta like, what ive always invisioned the eod helm to look like, and yes i used bondo, but i also use bondo glazing putty. I smoothed it on, wet sanded it down, and primed it 3 times. Then i have 4 coats of olive green, and the black areas have 3 coats. I really want to try the red sparkle paint, its like a pale red, like a wild cherry with sparkles. i plan on having it done by thursday, if not atleast the weekend. I'll repost tomorrow, with further progress,

Cheers,

Clad

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back