My First Armor Build: War Machine 80% and Almost Complete....PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually bought a Iron Man helmet bcause I was having serious issues with the pep file. Did a major mod on the helmet and at the end got me to where I am now.

I am able to still see out of my helmet with 100% vision with the lights on and also have no light reflecting back to me. No problems. I find that EL Tape is so much easier and also you wont get that jack-o-lantern effect.

Nice terminator helmet by the way.

Which pep file did you use? Sharkhead, dubean, or juice?

Armor = Juice's Files
Helmet = Sharkhead's file but soon scrapped the build and went an alternate route.

How's sharkhead's pep helmet at default scale? Is it too wide or too big? I am hoping, it will work with my new 2.2 torso scale. I think once it's finished I do not have to separate the back and chest. I have broad shoulders and my shoulder blades are high.

I just finished pepping the back piece, and I am starting on the chest. Man, it's time consuming. My plan was to finished both War Machine and Iron Man Mk VI before this halloween. It seems like I am running out of time. Keep us updated with your Mk VI Iron Man. Looks like you're going to have a Hall of Armor in your house.

How's sharkhead's pep helmet at default scale? Is it too wide or too big? I am hoping, it will work with my new 2.2 torso scale. I think once it's finished I do not have to separate the back and chest. I have broad shoulders and my shoulder blades are high.

I just finished pepping the back piece, and I am starting on the chest. Man, it's time consuming. My plan was to finished both War Machine and Iron Man Mk VI before this halloween. It seems like I am running out of time. Keep us updated with your Mk VI Iron Man. Looks like you're going to have a Hall of Armor in your house.

Hell Ya it's time cosuming. Wait till you start on the Iron Man. It will make you doubt yourself if you can go through with it. :)

I found the helmet too tight and not enough room to add padding Ect. If I went ahead and scaled it up as you know, the missile pods would be in the way. I'm also shooting for halloween. Time will only tell buddy!

I love how you did the light up eyes! Good how to video on the eyes!
Your suit is looking realy AWESOME.
Once I've finished and perfected my project. I am considering doing a WarMachine project. Following your project is perfect to see what I'm in for.

Keep up the amazing work.

Cheers!

Resin

Have you tried using smooth cast 300? I resined my previous attempt with SC 300. I am thinking using a fiber glass resin because of strength. However, it's too toxic, and it's a permanent damage. Few days ago I tested the chest part by applying a pressure (like CPR), and it broke into a half.

Anyway, do you put a lot of hardener to your fiber glass resin? I have fiber glassed other armors, and it seems like scent doesn't go away.

Have you tried using smooth cast 300? I resined my previous attempt with SC 300. I am thinking using a fiber glass resin because of strength. However, it's too toxic, and it's a permanent damage. Few days ago I tested the chest part by applying a pressure (like CPR), and it broke into a half.

Anyway, do you put a lot of hardener to your fiber glass resin? I have fiber glassed other armors, and it seems like scent doesn't go away.

I use only fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat. My armor is hard like steel. I fiberglass past all my edges and dremel the excess off. Never had a problem with the smell lingering after it has set and cured. And last I have never tried SC 3000. Oh I think it's like 6 drops of hardner per 1oz of resin.

I have my own technique so I dont count anymore. :)

I use only fiberglass resin and fiberglass mat. My armor is hard like steel. I fiberglass past all my edges and dremel the excess off. Never had a problem with the smell lingering after it has set and cured. And last I have never tried SC 3000. Oh I think it's like 6 drops of hardner per 1oz of resin.

I have my own technique so I dont count anymore. :)
\
What brand are you using? I picked up some stuff at wal mart but after it cures the smell doesn't go away. I did some research that fiberglass resin have a shelf life. So, I am thinking i picked up a bad one.

By the way, I think my torso piece is came out great. The shoulder pods are not in the way of my face. I just need to resin it.

Awesome project.... do you have any close shots of how you got the helmet to fit and is your face plate hinged or solid. Mine is hinged but its not working out so well. I was wondering what kind of hinge you used. For the face.

\
What brand are you using? I picked up some stuff at wal mart but after it cures the smell doesn't go away. I did some research that fiberglass resin have a shelf life. So, I am thinking i picked up a bad one.

By the way, I think my torso piece is came out great. The shoulder pods are not in the way of my face. I just need to resin it.

I did use the resin from walmart but be sure to use enough harder without over doing it so it fully cures.
Glad to see that the tourso came out great to scale.

Awesome project.... do you have any close shits of how you got the helmet to fit and is your face plate hinged or solid. Mine is hinged but its not working out so well. I was wondering what kind of hinge you used. For the face.

Didn't understand this part of your sentence "do you have any close shits of how you got the helmet to fit"

My Faceplate is hinged and I fabricated my own hinge brackets....

Straight Pepakura with major fiberglassing, sanding and bondo. Also alot of trip's to Home Depot for the hinges for the articulation in the joints and PVC materials for the Minigun. I just took my time with it and read alot of tutoriol's. I figured that if I was gonna armor for the first time that I would do it right somewhat. Thank's to this forum for all of it's info by the way.

can u post some pics of the hinges on the joints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back