My first Armor build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both thighs are done. The back hugs my butt like my character's armor does andy wife loves it..
The knee pads from paintballing literally look like my Spartans does so I'm going to use them after I hide the Franklin sign. Just gotta do shins and back up to the arms. Hopefully by then I figure out how to do the arms. Suggestions?
received_3253865048193001.jpeg

Fully constructed. Just have to trim and paint. Then I'll add the extras on to make it look more like my character. Also going to fine tune the helmet. Made it back in my Halo 3 days out of a motorcycle helmet and it needs a little TLC. Thoughts or suggestions on my armor so far?
20220625_191659.jpg

Fully constructed. Just have to trim and paint. Then I'll add the extras on to make it look more like my character. Also going to fine tune the helmet. Made it back in my Halo 3 days out of a motorcycle helmet and it needs a little TLC. Thoughts or suggestions on my armor so far?
View attachment 319570
Correction, I wasn't happy with the the knees so I made them more like my character.

Attachments

• 20220630_181041.jpg
    20220630_181041.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79
Close up of how the thighs will clip together. I reinforced the inside so the ziptied don't pull through. The ziptied will be hid on the inside.
View attachment 318861
I like how you've put your armor together so far. The football gear or whatever that it looks like can definitely hold its own. I'd just be a little careful about the zip ties and the buckle. Eventually, I think the foam will stretch and tear under the pressure of movement from the armor. This could lead to your thigh armor ripping.

Leg and arm pieces have been trimmed and burned. Chest and a few smaller pieces and then it'll be ready for paint. Excited. Not my first build being that I build stuff out of tires but definitely my first cosplay armor. I'm liking how the little blow torch darkend the mats.
Thoughts or suggestions?
20220712_201030.jpg

Thanks for sharing your build TheDarkSpartan! Always great to see a build in progress! I think you have some great starts in here. I will be happy to see you finish this set. Foam is a pretty forgiving material and can be formed while heated so I might work on some more compound curve tests with edges adhered to edges versus to flat sections. Beveling edges with a dremel or a blade sharpened between cuts makes for clean seams and rounder corners. Also doing some v notches in the backside of your foam and back filled with glue allows for all kinds of compound edges. Evil Ted and Punished Props both have a lot of great foam videos with tips and tricks. It seems you have come a long way so keep at it! Loving the work so far!

Thanks for sharing your build TheDarkSpartan! Always great to see a build in progress! I think you have some great starts in here. I will be happy to see you finish this set. Foam is a pretty forgiving material and can be formed while heated so I might work on some more compound curve tests with edges adhered to edges versus to flat sections. Beveling edges with a dremel or a blade sharpened between cuts makes for clean seams and rounder corners. Also doing some v notches in the backside of your foam and back filled with glue allows for all kinds of compound edges. Evil Ted and Punished Props both have a lot of great foam videos with tips and tricks. It seems you have come a long way so keep at it! Loving the work so far!
One.thing I forgot to mention is that I'm mixing 2d, 3d, and 4d to make my costume. It will be one of a kind.
Also I'm nearing the end. When I report for duty to get my Spartan ID, should I be wearing the costume? I mean it's all on here so I think wearing it would be best but not sure. Thoughts?

Yes you must wear your armor so that we can see fit and finish and will need front, back, and sides for all views in order to properly give you your tier placement.

One.thing I forgot to mention is that I'm mixing 2d, 3d, and 4d to make my costume. It will be one of a kind.
Also I'm nearing the end. When I report for duty to get my Spartan ID, should I be wearing the costume? I mean it's all on here so I think wearing it would be best but not sure. Thoughts?
4D?

Sorry,
3d to me is just like 2d but more realistic but you can still tell. 4D for me is like using actual pouches or making something of that nature that can be usable. I'm not good at describing but I'm using pouches instead of making them seem there but not really. Best way I can explain is that I'll be able to use the pouches whether I made them or not. With 3d, some objects are just there. Might not be totally correct in what I'm saying but that's how I always looked at it. 3D looks real enough but 4D is to the point that you could use it if you want. Just me being me I guess. Hope I cleared it up a little even if it's not the correct definition. Just how I look at things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back