My First Assault Rifle Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

drack

I started posting a SCAR build on my MK VI suit thread but decided to start one of its own as I think that I will have lots of updates and will be very pic heavy due to the complexity of the build. I have never worked with wood before so playing it by ear. Here are the first pics of it so far for you. If any one has any advice then I would gladly hear it.

Reference pic

b252930d-2.jpg

My Attempt

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

If it comes out even remotely looking like the reference pic, this will be insane! That rifle is so bad looking. Nice work so far buddy.:)

Thank you guys.
Happy so far seeing as its my first try at wood work.

My rubber turned up today but the texture on it is so small that you need to get up real close to see it. Why are there no companies selling pyramid/diamond textured rubber matting. Before I quite on the idea I will see if there are any bicycle grips I can cut up and use or see how cheap it would be to cast my own.

Help with blueprint needed. Hey guys has anyone got blueprints or a link for the MA5 cause I cannot find any and the sticky for weapons blueprints is broken. I am sure I have seen them somewhere in the forum but forget where. Any help would be greatly appritiated.

Will start it right after I finish the SCAR. This is more of a learning project so I am ready to do a good job of the MA5. Its a much more iconic rifle for the mastchief suit I think. I will not be using MDF though. It's a nice medium but I am starting to see the disadvantages of it now.

Quick update.

Managed a bit of detailing and glued some of the components together and filled the gaps.

IMG_0796.jpg

Lol yeah I thought the title might lead people to believe that. There will however be an MA5 to follow this build :)

Latest update.

Today I had a good amount of time in the work shop so managed to get all the dremeling done, gaps and mistakes puttied, hinge between the gun and stock made and all glued together.

Got some rubber cut for the grip and stock but needed to order some longer rubber to finish the recoil pad off properly.

IMG_08041.jpg

Here it is together so far.

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

To show you the scale of it I am 6' 4"

IMG_0808.jpg

Hey I'm 6'4" too! I have no where near the amount of hair you do though,lol. Your SCAR is looking amazing! Keep it up buddy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back