My First Attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killdnaction

I finally finished my first pepa helmet, I used Dannyfoodforless's HD Model. I think the build went pretty well, next time around I want to try Flying Squirls. It was very fun and definitely a learning experience. So let me know what you think with some CNC and I will post more pics as I go.

DSCN0369.jpg

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

Looks good for your first. As mentioned, there is nothing wrong that can't be fixed with bondo. Good job and keep at it!

This topic just reminded me of something that has been bothering me for a while...
Why do people use "defiantly" instead of "definitely"??

I know at least 5 people now who do that.

CPU64 said:
This topic just reminded me of something that has been bothering me for a while...
Why do people use "defiantly" instead of "definitely"??

I know at least 5 people now who do that.
cause they can't spell good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iteration said:
I finally finished my first pepa helmet, I used Dannyfoodforless's HD Model. I think the build went pretty well, next time around I want to try Docs. It was very fun and defiantly a learning experience. So let me know what you think with some CNC and I will post more pics as I go.

Very nice job! If you mean mine by saying DoC's helmet, it's not mine it's flying_squirl's ;)

Thanks for the reply's, yeah I think I spelled it wrong and when I tried to fix it via FireFox spell checker I chose the wrong one. But oh well... Fixed now.

nice job, but what kind of card(stock)/paper did you use?

it looks to me as if you could use some stiffer paper, that might go a long way!

TF_Productions said:
nice job, but what kind of card(stock)/paper did you use?

it looks to me as if you could use some stiffer paper, that might go a long way!

I used 110lb Card Stock, I did not know there was some tougher stuff other then going with the artistry board.
What else is there?

Hope to get the Fiberglass done this week end.

spartancaboose said:
theres 118lbs. cardstock which is what i'm gonna use :)

Ok did not know they have 118 or I would have used that instead, thank you for the heads up.

it seems you had pep problems at the back of the helmet, where the "Spine" ontop of the helmet ends, looks abit out of shape, but that may be me...

then again, not only i, but many more people had problems at that very place on this helmet, did this happen to you?

otherwise, good for a first try!

Yeah the back was a bit tough, I think I handled it a bit too much and bet the card stock more then it should have been.
Kinda gives it a odd look but easily fixable with some bondo. But its not really out of shape other then the small dents cause by my fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back