my first build, my big dream: Halo 3 - Mark 6 MasterChief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi MI GU KIL U , I see no one has responded to you, but also it looks like you might have just copy/pasted their profile links?

If you use the @ symbol and then start typing their names. Click the one you want, that will alert the other people that you have mentioned them.

marz2802 Citruspers MrJamin all mentioned a STL file they used, but no one linked to it. Would one of you be able to provide Mi GU with the link to the one you're referring to?

dear 405th,

I have dreamed of building my own armor for a very long time. For a long time I've wanted to slip into the role of master chief. I've been a Halo fan since day one, so I started building armor about 11 years ago. At that time I tried my hand at pepakura and resin and partly finished the helmet. The chest armor was also already assembled. I tried everything back then with the help of the 405..
But then… life goes on. I became a wife, dogs, a house, children and the dream of becoming a master chief faded into the background. But he was never gone.

Today I am 32 years old and come from Germany and now own a 3D printer. Nothing particularly big, an Anycubic Mega Pro S, but bit by bit my dream is now becoming a reality.

The first two parts are now already printed and glued together. The helmet and the left bicep. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But I'm super proud of the first steps and how it looks at the moment.

Here are a few pictures of the first two parts of my own master chief.
Please leave your feedback here. Let me know what you think about it. Is this a good start?
And finally, thank you for the inspiration you all are and the support of this forum.

Best regards

Your Martin from Germany
What you have so far looks great! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

dear 405th,

I have dreamed of building my own armor for a very long time. For a long time I've wanted to slip into the role of master chief. I've been a Halo fan since day one, so I started building armor about 11 years ago. At that time I tried my hand at pepakura and resin and partly finished the helmet. The chest armor was also already assembled. I tried everything back then with the help of the 405..
But then… life goes on. I became a wife, dogs, a house, children and the dream of becoming a master chief faded into the background. But he was never gone.

Today I am 32 years old and come from Germany and now own a 3D printer. Nothing particularly big, an Anycubic Mega Pro S, but bit by bit my dream is now becoming a reality.

The first two parts are now already printed and glued together. The helmet and the left bicep. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But I'm super proud of the first steps and how it looks at the moment.

Here are a few pictures of the first two parts of my own master chief.
Please leave your feedback here. Let me know what you think about it. Is this a good start?
And finally, thank you for the inspiration you all are and the support of this forum.

Best regards

Your Martin from Germany
Fortunately there is no expiration date on this hobby. As long as you keep the dream going you will get to be the big man himself. Your armor looks great and I will be following this thread to see the end results! Good luck!

Hi MI GU KIL U , I see no one has responded to you, but also it looks like you might have just copy/pasted their profile links?

If you use the @ symbol and then start typing their names. Click the one you want, that will alert the other people that you have mentioned them.

marz2802 Citruspers MrJamin all mentioned a STL file they used, but no one linked to it. Would one of you be able to provide Mi GU with the link to the one you're referring to?
MI GU KIL U PerniciousDuke Sorry for the late answer. Here are the files I use: Chopped up for 8x10x8 Printer-Halo 3-Mark 6-Master Chief Armor Set(No Helmet) by moesizzlac (there are also files for bigger printers than 8x10x8: Halo 3 - Mark 6 - Master Chief Armor Set - No Helmet by moesizzlac). The files are from moesizzlac.
There is no helmet included but in the ThingDetails is a hint to this helmet: Halo 3 Mark 6 Helmet by Rainyfire
Thats the one I printed.
I hope thats a help for you and sorry again for the long time no answering.
If there are more questions on my project, feel free to ask

Looking really good so far marz2802! I recently completed my full suit using those exact same files. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions
MrJamin thats nice. Can you share your measurements and your size and how you scaled the parts? :) that will be great ;) and where can I find pics of your finished full suit?

a little update to everyone, I printed the forearm parts so far and de handcarts I put on that black gloves. Actually the printer is busy with the right bicep. Heres a picture of the progress.
at this time I have a problem with the temperature in my garage. theres freezing cold and my printer says "abnormal temperature". When I get it o work, there are problems with warping because of the temperature :-D
IMG_3269.jpg

MrJamin thats nice. Can you share your measurements and your size and how you scaled the parts? :) that will be great ;) and where can I find pics of your finished full suit?

You can find my whole build thread here - MrJamin's 3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

As for measurements and scaling - I didn't really record the exact size that I printed things at. I also re-printed a handful of the parts a few times. (Not the best method)

a little update to everyone, I printed the forearm parts so far and de handcarts I put on that black gloves. Actually the printer is busy with the right bicep. Heres a picture of the progress.
at this time I have a problem with the temperature in my garage. theres freezing cold and my printer says "abnormal temperature". When I get it o work, there are problems with warping because of the temperature :-D
Have you tried looking into printer enclosures? That will help stabilize the printer heating and prevent drafts. May help for the colder winter months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back