My first build: ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCannons

Hey 405th, grade A noob here just joined and am trying my luck at ODST using Kirrou's pep files. Just started today but the helmet is coming together fairly well but im having trouble with some of the folds. Dont know when ill be done because of school and work but ill try to update when im all pepped up and ready for resin

Just to let you know, wip threads without pictures are forbidden, so your thread will be locked if you do not post progress pictures.

For your ODST, Kirrou and Hugh Holder have the best ODST files around. You may want to look up Hugh, his thread is in the 3d model section. I wish you luck with your build.

Pictures? :(

That's what I've got right now... hopefully ill be done sooner rather than later

Having trouble seeing your pic... if that is a pic. May just be my computer.

ANYway, good luck with your build. I'm not a real big fan of the ODST armor but the helmet has a special place in my heart. When I finish my current build, I'm going to try and tackle the helmet. Can't wait see your progress and good Luck!

I hope you're not using tape to hold it together! From all I hear, fiberglass resin dissolve the adhesive on the tape, and your whole piece will fall apart. Just though I would warn you before you get too far.

Here's how to post pics in this forum (or how I do it anyway!)

-Click on the desired picture
-click the 'Share' menu sitting on the top left hand side of the picture
-Select the Html/BBCode
-Copy and paste the BBCode into the Pic option in your thread

This should work. Again, it's how I post my pics and I haven't had a problem yet. Hope this helps. Can't wait to see some more pics!

also, I believe flickr is not great for posting pictures to a forum. Try using photobucket. its free to use and posting pictures work everytime from it.

Sorry for my inactivity. Had a lot on my plate. Here is how far i am.
T8TrH.jpg

Sorry for quality (phone camera is all i have)
Also- this is a little harder than it looked...

I highly recommend you to continue peping the forehead, you don't want to continue pepping the back>top>then finish with the forehead, trust me.

Your doing good.

Only problem there is i have no idea which pieces are for the forehead right now.

On a totally unrelated (but badass) note: just looked out the window and saw a cloud formation that looks like a covenant super carrier being followed by a geth cruiser from mass effect

whos file did you use....i have built Rundown's as well as a few of Hugh's ODST helmets....or if you still have it saved in Designer, you might be able to go back and re-open it up to see...i might be able to help

I am using kirrou's file. Everything is numbered so u can find the pieces it just that they are scattered randomly on different pages

More progress for youse guys!
gtGzt.jpg

As of now it is mostly held together with tape (yeah yeah, I've heard it dissolves) but I've been covering it with rubber cement and will completely coat it when I'm done

PEP COMPLETE!
NBD72.jpg

Gonna coat it in some rubber cement just to make sure it doesn't fall apart during resining. Also gonna make a minor arrangement to the back (my giant head wont fit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back