My First Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. i started an MC helmet a couple days ago and decided to post some pics. It's made out of cardboard but i think its good so far.

PICS:
top.jpg

front.jpg

FRONT

bottom.jpg

BOTTOM

100_0479_00.jpg

SIDE

Tell me what you think so far. I'm alco working on a frag grenade. I cut the top of a water bottle off and put it on top of a wooden ball. i will post pics of the frag when its done.

See ya!

P.S. I used wood glue on the cardboard and it seems to hold pretty good!

Graverobber said:
Im going to add more detail when im done. Any advice on my helmet?
You didn't have to double post. You should have just updated your 1st post since no one else has posted in the last nine minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
You didn't have to double post. You should have just updated your 1st post since no one else has posted in the last nine minutes.
oh well. ill do that next time.

Graverobber said:
ok. but any thoughts on my helmet so far?

I'd say you should probably scrap this, and go with pep. It's a lot easier than it seems, and most of the time the outcome is quality.

I'd have to agree.
But if you insist on continuing with the cardboard idea, then making the supposedly symmetrical pieces... actually symmetrical would definitely help.

Print out the pep then glue it to cardboard and cut it out and stuff from there, might go faster/better?

Msj2705 said:
Print out the pep then glue it to cardboard and cut it out and stuff from there, might go faster/better?
but pep makes my brain sad! i cant even do a hand plate!

Well, I can agree with why people are saying that you should do pep, BUT, sure it looks nice, but lots of other people have also made that same helmet out of pep. Making it out of cardboard makes it so you can go right out and say "Hey world I made my own helmet and didnt use any templates!"
Sure it may not look as good as the pep, but thats the challenge and dedication involved with cardboard, to try to make it look as good as pep.
Speech aside.
I think that it looks rather blocky and it should be more rounded than just rectangles. - Ice

Ice said:
Well, I can agree with why people are saying that you should do pep, BUT, sure it looks nice, but lots of other people have also made that same helmet out of pep. Making it out of cardboard makes it so you can go right out and say "Hey world I made my own helmet and didnt use any templates!"
Sure it may not look as good as the pep, but thats the challenge and dedication involved with cardboard, to try to make it look as good as pep.
Speech aside.
I think that it looks rather blocky and it should be more rounded than just rectangles. - Ice
ok ive decided to make this helmet for my next door neighbors. they're little but love halo. i will make my own in pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back