My First Helmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLupi

Ok.. Well here it is.

DSC00755.jpg

Sorry for it being blurry. Stupid camera.

Also, if your wondering why i have too much bondo on it, its because IDK. I was careless.

Now.. Im gonna work on the halo 3 version

DSC00754.jpg

Looks real nice,

but next time, i really recommend using card stock, instead of normal printing paper... ;)

Is the helm with the dragon on it

A master chief helmet?

I'm not really sure... :unsure

Actually its a HALO 2 ODST. But i put a bit too much bondo on it. Could i pass it for a master chief..?

o_O

LOL I used card stock...

Its just that the helmet isnt finished. so.. yeah. its just hanging out for the meantime

It ACTUALLY can pass for both an odst and a Cqb helm ;)

Your helmets and chest are going very well so far though...

you just gotta keep at it.

in a VERY SLOW pace :)

Don't take it as an insult,

I'm just Advising :D

LOL I know! I was rushing the progress because of summer vacation..

And now i have this AND school to focus on.

Ill make it look more like the odst when i put the visor in.

VMKCillen said:
LOL I know! I was rushing the progress because of summer vacation..

And now i have this AND school to focus on.

HAHa, same here :lol

but i there's also the issue of sizing everything too...

Last edited by a moderator:
KeyPersoNELL said:
HAHa, same here :lol

but i there's also the issue of sizing everything too...

True. But i sized it correctly. Well, it fits ME well. Hopefully my head doesent grow huge enough to where it doesent fit.

I think you need to take it a little slower. It looks like you might have rushed the folding portion. Try scoring each of the fold lines before you make each fold and you'll wind up with something a lot smoother and symmetrical looking. Good for a first go though.

Dancin_Fool said:
I think you need to take it a little slower. It looks like you might have rushed the folding portion. Try scoring each of the fold lines before you make each fold and you'll wind up with something a lot smoother and symmetrical looking. Good for a first go though.

Thank you guys very much for the advice. I knew i had mistakes, thats why i posted it in the noob forum. Thanks very much!

woah, dude... That odst helmet is gonna be hard to finish off (if you want i smooth and clean) at this stage. Looks like you tried to take short cuts and not match all the numbers, thats just my prospective.

In my honest opinion, scratch it and start over, youll be much happier with the results. My first helmet came out very nice, you just have to make clean cuts/folds then carefully glue parts to according numbers.

not rushing is golden!

Your Dragon helm does look like you did use a bit too much bonbo, but it looks O.K, i'll tell you now, it looks 80x better than when I tryed to do mine, mine sucked so much that I didn't even post about it. so ya, it looks pretty good. :lol

hey, im still working on getting my fiberglass right, but i can see that your folds arent very clean. i had some trouble with this. i the clear lid from a cd case now so that i can see the folds both ways.

the bondo, it takes some getting used to, which ill be doing in a couple days.

keep at it and dont get discouraged. it is slow, but if you want to keep working on it, just try doing another project. i have 5 on the go right now. keeps me working on it, but no getting frustrated with one, i just move to another

Scratch that model mate with a bit more time and patience your getting a better finish then the one uve got already but good luck with it

Also, TIP: if you use super glue when pepping, it makes the base model extremely resistant to accidental damage, as well as making it easier to add the other 14545145646million pieces.

Sithslayer78 said:
Also, TIP: if you use super glue when pepping, it makes the base model extremely resistant to accidental damage, as well as making it easier to add the other 14545145646million pieces.

Yeah. Hot glue + me = no

Erm...I suggest redoing your H3 ODST helmet a little more carefully and slowly, and watch those folds! Also, use hot glue. GO SLOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back