my first mk.V helmet (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasRaider117

hello im doing a mk.V helmet for halloween. I might make it look like caboose,church or tucker from red vs blue (let me know which one i should do). This is also my first pep to make so let me know how im doing.

pics will be coming soon.

I would make a decision on which one YOU want to build and get some pics posted pretty fast, it does say pics in the title, or the mods will close your thread, Im not trying to be the busy body forum troll, just letting you know they don't allow indecision threads, good luck with whatever route you choose and hope to see progress on this thread soon

I'm working on a Mk.V too! I put resin on today so I'll just need to put some more on tomorrow it'll be nice n' tough! I'm thinking of using rondo but I'm not to sure. But I found caboose incredibly funny in the series but it is really up to you. Good luck on your build and I hope to see some pics of the build soon!

mail4.jpg

mail5.jpg

mail6.jpg

here are the first pics

i dont really know man i just posted my pics off my email. if someone could tell me a easier way to post them you'll be helping me out alot.
so till i figure out how to post my pics right i will be putting pics as my avatar
^^^

For future reference if you click the insert image button while writing a post a box will come up. Put the URL in this box and hit OK and your pics will show up right on the page rather than linking offsite.

yeah i had a problem doing that so i just put the link. it's really not that hard to click a link but its whatever, here are some more links
to my progress pics

PICT0293.jpg

PICT0294.jpg

i have to fix this spot before i can do the right side

PICT0295.jpg

i would like to know how im doing so far on my first ever pep and not how i post my pics please =/

p.s thanks for the posting advice i figured out how to do it now and will fix the other pics in this thread.
oh and ignore the times on the pictures

Looks like your doing it right, just try and keep it straight, you'll appreciate it later when your at the Bondo process, less warps and a straighter pep means less bondo and less sanding, great job so far

i was thinking of two options i could do to fix that area

op.1-print the pieces i need replace it

op.2-unglue the pieces and line them up right

both are going to be tough cuz i have a bit of pep done around it.
and thanks i try to keep my lines as straight as possible and i feel im doing well for my first one :)

i fixed the area and finished the visor and i hope you like what i've got so far
PICT0301.jpg

PICT0300.jpg

PICT0299.jpg

PICT0297.jpg

im like'n how it looks right now but i thought it would get easier as i go along...it's just as tough as when i started, and just as fun :)

Moving right along, Pic's are showing up real nice. As for the pep, yes it gets easier the more you do it. I'm looking forward to seeing how you're build go's so keep us posted.

thanks for the comments and sorry if i dont get to much done. i'm celebrating birthday today. but i will try to get as much as i can done today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back