My first ODST build

HydrationPatrol

Hey everyone im making an ODST build AguilarWorkshops files and Kahn_319 printed out the pieces for me.
im pretty exited to be getting into the halo cosplay world or even just the cosplay world in general since this is my first ever cosplay.

1687459750420.png

1687459940428.png
these are the pieces pre primed.

This Post is to show the progress of the harness.
1687460408946.png
1687460423098.png
1687460434104.png
1687460460662.png
1687460467610.png
1687460480572.png
1687460489906.png
1687460495774.png
1687460680272.png

For most of the harness I used black woven wool straps and round buckles I bought from hobby lobby. I folded the ends of the rope in half and sewed them together to prevent fraying and them coming out of the buckles. For the legs I just used Velcro. I also glued a wallet to the inside of the chest piece so I have easy access to my cards and cash while suited up. I also used magnets to keep the gauntlets together.

Nice way of connecting the shoulders! Looks like that gives you a lot of stability while moving & taking the suit on and off

heads up, your probably gona have problems with the thighs dropping, I know I did, you've got to connect the belt to the shoulder harness so your shoulders can help pull up the thighs so they don't drop into your shins. also plan to have issues the first time you wear a costume there's always problems.

heads up, your probably gona have problems with the thighs dropping, I know I did, you've got to connect the belt to the shoulder harness so your shoulders can help pull up the thighs so they don't drop into your shins. also plan to have issues the first time you wear a costume there's always problems.
Thanks for the heads up. I did notice that during my test fittings the thighs did fall down and it hurt the back of my knees. I’m gonna try rigging the belt to my shoulders and then I just need to find out how to stop them from rotating.

Thanks for the heads up. I did notice that during my test fittings the thighs did fall down and it hurt the back of my knees. I’m gonna try rigging the belt to my shoulders and then I just need to find out how to stop them from rotating.
i found that once they were really tight, they stopped rotating, but mine are about as small as they can be without not fitting so im not sure how yours fit.

i found that once they were really tight, they stopped rotating, but mine are about as small as they can be without not fitting so im not sure how yours fit.
Mine fit pretty well but I found they do still rotate a little. I’m thinking I might just add some thin foam on the inside to make the fit a little tighter.

View attachment 332777View attachment 332778View attachment 332779View attachment 332781View attachment 332782View attachment 332783View attachment 332784View attachment 332785View attachment 332786
For most of the harness I used black woven wool straps and round buckles I bought from hobby lobby. I folded the ends of the rope in half and sewed them together to prevent fraying and them coming out of the buckles. For the legs I just used Velcro. I also glued a wallet to the inside of the chest piece so I have easy access to my cards and cash while suited up. I also used magnets to keep the gauntlets together.

These are great references for attachments, I've been working out how I'll be attaching the shoulders for my ODST and this gives me some ideas!

These are great references for attachments, I've been working out how I'll be attaching the shoulders for my ODST and this gives me some ideas!
I’m glad that it might help you out if you are doing a belt like mine that are attached to the thighs I would suggest also attaching the belt to your shoulders to prevent the thighs from sliding down and digging into the back of your knees.

View attachment 332777View attachment 332778View attachment 332779View attachment 332781View attachment 332782View attachment 332783View attachment 332784View attachment 332785View attachment 332786
IMG_0482.jpeg

I sanded down a few bits and I’m gonna be repainting them. I hope I didn’t just ruin it.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back