My first ODST helmet

C231996

I am currently workin on making an ODST cosplay with the help of some friends. They are helping with the armor and helped me find someone to get the helmet but it’s up to me to do the work on that among other. So this is a thread of my progress on it and if anyone has any helpful tips, I’m all ears.

Helmet was just dropped off and now the hard part begins
CDBDCC45-D327-494F-B119-8254FC95D8DB.jpeg

Helmet is now sanded and waiting supplies so that I can paint it.
17A0CA41-E489-4BC5-8ED0-B98466A304C8.jpeg

Helmet is now primed and set to dry before more painting
CB964CD8-58DA-4643-8B9D-1C1238FA378E.jpeg

I will update more as I get more progress on it.

Update: had to redo the primer on it due to some imperfections in the 3D print and where the pieces were glued together. Had to go back over it with filler primer, but after this is dry, I plan on slapping some metallic black on it and wait for my visor to get in.
F8F9ACA2-0E65-42DF-8CE7-C9F82347409D.jpeg

Last edited:
I am currently workin on making an ODST cosplay with the help of some friends. They are helping with the armor and helped me find someone to get the helmet but it’s up to me to do the work on that among other. So this is a thread of my progress on it and if anyone has any helpful tips, I’m all ears.

Helmet was just dropped off and now the hard part begins
View attachment 325630
Helmet is now sanded and waiting supplies so that I can paint it.
View attachment 325631
Helmet is now primed and set to dry before more paintingView attachment 325632
I will update more as I get more progress on it.
That's a great looking helmet! I can't wait to see the final paint job!

How exactly does that work?
Its ok most of the time i dont use the lower half as you never see the back of the helmet. But the bands are used to loosely hold the parts together and allow them to stretch to fit a head. The magnets then hold the lower half snuggly to the helmet.

Did you have to alter the helmet at all? I had to widen the opening a bit for mine, but to be fair I have a funko pop style head. Just wasn’t sure if it was a common issue
Nope. All I’ve done is sand it and prime it. I didn’t print the helmet, a friend did and he glued and bonded the pieces together so right now it’s just the shell. I’m working on painting it and adding foam to the inside and the visor and attachments.

WOW! really clean looking helmet, i will be watching this thread to see how it all comes about. great job so far

Found a metallic black paint that I really like and am now painting the helmet' base coat. I'm also using a matte black for the parts around the visor. Though I am trying to think about what accents, if any I should/want to add. (I'm not a big fan of the huge colored stripe down the middle of the helmet) Any thoughts? (Will post current progress when I am able to)

Found a metallic black paint that I really like and am now painting the helmet' base coat. I'm also using a matte black for the parts around the visor. Though I am trying to think about what accents, if any I should/want to add. (I'm not a big fan of the huge colored stripe down the middle of the helmet) Any thoughts? (Will post current progress when I am able to)
Do you have a accent color in mind. I've seen helmets with the forehead or jaw painted instead of the strip. You could always off set the strip from the center. Or don't add any accents and put a decal or logo somewhere on the helmet.

Do you have a accent color in mind. I've seen helmets with the forehead or jaw painted instead of the strip. You could always off set the strip from the center. Or don't add any accents and put a decal or logo somewhere on the helmet.
I was thinking red for the accent color. That front strip is a good idea. And maybe I might put a decal on there. Thank you!

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back