My first ODST helmet

Current progress on helmet. I have got the area around where the visor will go in matte black and the rest in a metallic black. Still working on the details.

Attachments

• FDE4225D-5762-471F-9E65-243DE483727E.jpeg
    FDE4225D-5762-471F-9E65-243DE483727E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
I am currently workin on making an ODST cosplay with the help of some friends. They are helping with the armor and helped me find someone to get the helmet but it’s up to me to do the work on that among other. So this is a thread of my progress on it and if anyone has any helpful tips, I’m all ears.

Helmet was just dropped off and now the hard part begins
View attachment 325630
Helmet is now sanded and waiting supplies so that I can paint it.
View attachment 325631
Helmet is now primed and set to dry before more paintingView attachment 325632
I will update more as I get more progress on it.

Update: had to redo the primer on it due to some imperfections in the 3D print and where the pieces were glued together. Had to go back over it with filler primer, but after this is dry, I plan on slapping some metallic black on it and wait for my visor to get in. View attachment 325908
I am currently workin on making an ODST cosplay with the help of some friends. They are helping with the armor and helped me find someone to get the helmet but it’s up to me to do the work on that among other. So this is a thread of my progress on it and if anyone has any helpful tips, I’m all ears.

Helmet was just dropped off and now the hard part begins
View attachment 325630
Helmet is now sanded and waiting supplies so that I can paint it.
View attachment 325631
Helmet is now primed and set to dry before more paintingView attachment 325632
I will update more as I get more progress on it.

Update: had to redo the primer on it due to some imperfections in the 3D print and where the pieces were glued together. Had to go back over it with filler primer, but after this is dry, I plan on slapping some metallic black on it and wait for my visor to get in. View attachment 325908
Hey, I’m pretty new to this and I have a question. How solid is the print after you prime it? (Is that the right word “prime”? Idk)

Oh I guess I thought primer was stuff like plasti dip. Im confused
Well, the helmet was printed in 9 different pieces and glued together. I sanded it and used a filler primer (you can find them in the automotive section) and after that filled in all the gaps and imperfections, I started painting it proper.

Well, the helmet was printed in 9 different pieces and glued together. I sanded it and used a filler primer (you can find them in the automotive section) and after that filled in all the gaps and imperfections, I started painting it proper.
Dang the process of these are long. I’m glad I found the 405th before trying to do stuff on my own

Dang the process of these are long. I’m glad I found the 405th before trying to do stuff on my own
Yeah, it's defiantly a process, but it's worth it in the end. though I am not doing this alone. I have had a lot of help from my friends and my brother who does a LOT of 3D printing.

Yeah, it's defiantly a process, but it's worth it in the end. though I am not doing this alone. I have had a lot of help from my friends and my brother who does a LOT of 3D printing.
That’s nice you have people to help you I’m probably gonna have to ask a lot of questions and spend a few hours on YouTube. I bet it’s worth it in the end no matter what you create

That’s nice you have people to help you I’m probably gonna have to ask a lot of questions and spend a few hours on YouTube. I bet it’s worth it in the end no matter what you create
It absolutely is worth it. though if you have any questions about a build or anything, please feel free to ask the community. We all were where you are right now working of our first build. We are all here to help and we all want to have a good time making armor and other things Halo related.

It absolutely is worth it. though if you have any questions about a build or anything, please feel free to ask the community. We all were where you are right now working of our first build. We are all here to help and we all want to have a good time making armor and other things Halo related.
Cool I’m glad this community is so nice and has experience to share

Are you planning on making some ODST armor or some other spartan armor?
I’m planning on making a hybrid mk VII suit. I’m gonna print the blue bits and make the gray and green out of foam. I have a plan me and some other people on the discord planned it out

Attachments

• BA8397BD-C2B7-49EC-A4D2-83779CF8D273.jpeg
    BA8397BD-C2B7-49EC-A4D2-83779CF8D273.jpeg
    627.5 KB · Views: 69
I’m planning on making a hybrid mk VII suit. I’m gonna print the blue bits and make the gray and green out of foam. I have a plan me and some other people on the discord planned it out
Sounds awesome. Post a thread of your progress so we can all see it. It's also a good place to ask the community for advice and it will help your progress towards full membership.

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back