My first Pepakura armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my thoughts on this:

Could I make a mold using my pep armor, and then use that to make a cast? Just my thought...

hey man what type of glue/paste did you use to get them to stick when you folded the paper to one another? mine always comes apaert

Darth Fett said:
I used a glue gun :)

Glue guns FTW

*edit* make sure it's a low temp gun please. I made that mistake, and suffered a third degree burn on my thigh.

Not fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a kind of white glue, "Eri Keeper", Which is kindof hard to use, put too much,
and the paper warps... not fun.

glad to see that so many people have already done my needler.. although i must say,, uhh ,, your guns is outta ammo. you didnt add any needles! :oops: it looks like i was right it needs to be slightly bigger looks like you can barely fit your hand in there..

Yes, with the gloves on, it is a little small, but it is a nice model, and its not as hard as I thought it would be (although time consuming). Once again, props and thanks for that ;) Lol, and yes, I know I didn't add needles...didn't feel up for it (have a cold...so resin and paint and glue aren't things I want to be hanging around with...)

Could anyone tell me about a good, cheap substitute to Resining the outside?
(I already have a good substitute for fiberglassing the inside...)

Not really sure Zyclone.

Also, hey guys, what do you think of using paper mache' to further strengthen the suit? I was planning to make one layer inside with 2 or 3 layers on the outside. Sound good, or a waste of time?

Paper-mache doesn't sand all that well, and unless you are a pro pinata maker, then I would stick to the tried and true... Body fillers...

Suit does look good btw, a black under suit would make the armor stand out really well...

If you plan on making molds, I would finish detailing the suit before you do that, because other wise, your mold suit, will look exactly like your pep suit... which isn't bad, but if you plan on selling them, you may try to add the details.

Molding is going to be expensive to get the whole suit done, be prepared for a few $1000 investment. But I made my original helm from Pep, detailed it, then molded it, and with just the helm I am already into my project for close to $800. and many hours of my time. Keep at it though... the community needs more prop builders.

Zyclone said:
Could anyone tell me about a good, cheap substitute to Resining the outside?
(I already have a good substitute for fiberglassing the inside...)

Would you mind sharing your fiberglassing substitute idea?

Look at spase, he made a mold of his pep helmet, but the thing is, with pep, you'll spend over 100 dollars making a nice mold, plus another 100 on molding materials...it's cheaper and better to make a clay sculpture.

Rocknrollcows said:
imo, it needs more sanding to make it look smooth and not all "Polygoney" since you have the Fiberglass undercoat, you can sand a little extra and make it look nicer :D:D' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

blue jumpsuit? at least its unique o_O

EDIT: hey... if you can get that same exact suit/undersuit in black, i think it would look perfect cause of the patterns/lines already on the suit.

Hey Rocknrollcows by any chance do you have the pep files for the pink halo suit you have on your signature my wife wants me to build one and I liked that design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back