My First (Probably Only) Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye19087

I'm young, please just read and then flame and such, i just thought that maybe the 405th could help me out. If i get banned, at least i tried to get some help, i am willing to go for as long as it takes

I've been contemplating this for a while and ever since reading this http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-Halo-Armor/ ive been interested in re-creating my armor (Hayabusa chest, EVA shoulders and Scout helmet and a Battle Rifle if i have time left over) It's just i've run into my first snag and im wondering if people could help me out with this. Ive read through most of the tutorials and just need help with a few things

I started working on the helmet, it didnt need to be scaled since it fits fine (a bit big in the front but i can deal with it) But i made it out of normal paper, just standard printing paper, would it still work out or do you need to work off of the cardstock?

Thanks for any help or advice later on

It will be heavily warped when you resin it, I really do recommend you use 110lbs cardstock. Good luck with your armor!

i went out and bought (spelled right?? lol, imma bout to go to bed) 200 sheets of cardstock and i think they make it tremendously easier to keep the pep file together, just make sure you have a razor blade to cut with. (and don't touch the sharp bit.... i found out it is actually really, really sharp.... ouch)

agreed about the cardstock, i always have a emergency pack for backup, and you dont necessarily need a razor blade, i am doing my MKVI/ODST armor using scissors and i think it is turning out fine

agreed about the cardstock, i always have a emergency pack for backup, and you dont necessarily need a razor blade, i am doing my MKVI/ODST armor using scissors and i think it is turning out fine

Same here, scissors works just fine.

Yeah, sorry man but even as a noob, the fact that the resin is a liquid will screw up normal paper, just like water, or syrup (which has a similar texture) I advise to stop with the paper and reprint on cardstock.

You can reinforce it, though that would require a lot of effort. Also, if you decide to go through with the normal paper model, make sure to support the model when resining it.

Ill take the advice into account and get some cardstock instead, i just don't where to get any since there aren't any good stores that would sell it, unless you can get it anywhere. Thank goodness i stopped it though, i only got the lower section of the helmet done with paper, i dont mind redoing it, at least it'll keep me busy. I looked at the complete noob list and saw what would be needed, but roughly most of the stuff is overseas and i dont know if you can get any of it over here (The hobby knife and other lower stuff i can get with ease, but ive already got the hobby knife was past experiences) Thanks for the help though, ill upload images as i go along

Any local walmart has cardstock. Idk where you're at, but there could be a walmart nearby... I hope. you can also take your regular paper and stick it to cardboard, but that method takes a lot of time and a lot of effort, and cardboard doesn't always bend the way you want it to. Good luck!

Any local walmart has cardstock. Idk where you're at, but there could be a walmart nearby... I hope. you can also take your regular paper and stick it to cardboard, but that method takes a lot of time and a lot of effort, and cardboard doesn't always bend the way you want it to. Good luck!

I'm in australia, but i think maybe, possibly that officeworks may have some, i'm not sure but i'll have a look-see

are there no wal-marts in australia? soo the empire of the mart has a boundary? shocker, but, yes, i would agree that if you cannot find a walmart, any office type store or paper company is your best bet, i love how cheap it is at walmart though, 3 packs of 150 sheets for only $15! :D

NO WALMART!?!?!?! There is chance for the human race after all!!! ......
Dude, you should totally find some of the Australian military insignia and paint the thing as an Australian soldier. That would be epic. My ODST is gonna be Russian.

NO WALMART!?!?!?! There is chance for the human race after all!!! ......
Dude, you should totally find some of the Australian military insignia and paint the thing as an Australian soldier. That would be epic. My ODST is gonna be Russian.

You have given me an idea for another costume, once this one is finished, ill try and get to work on that, so long as im not drowing in studies

are there no wal-marts in australia? soo the empire of the mart has a boundary? shocker, but, yes, i would agree that if you cannot find a walmart, any office type store or paper company is your best bet, i love how cheap it is at walmart though, 3 packs of 150 sheets for only $15! :D

I have asked around and i do know where to get cardstock so i should be ready to try and restart

Or (I think) art stores? Not sure, but you could check. Oh and if you go through with the paper (in case you don't find cardstock) you could always reinforce it in sections with hot glue, but I think it would burn the paper... could someone test that on normal paper? I dont have a glue gun at my disposition right now

Edit: Never mind that, but to avoid major warping, use the hot glue method on the inside of the helmet, it will keep its shape during the resining process

Or (I think) art stores? Not sure, but you could check. Oh and if you go through with the paper (in case you don't find cardstock) you could always reinforce it in sections with hot glue, but I think it would burn the paper... could someone test that on normal paper? I dont have a glue gun at my disposition right now

Edit: Never mind that, but to avoid major warping, use the hot glue method on the inside of the helmet, it will keep its shape during the resining process

I have found tons of cardstock from a friend so ill start working with cardstock, and upload the images on here for people to see, but thanks for the help

Well my C7280 has died on me, so i've been halted for a while until i wonder why its not working and get it fixed, but i will be creating stencils for the armor, ill upload those before the armor since thats taking its time

^^^

Ignore the post there its been fixed, but now i need to find a way to make stencils of either my halo 3 emblem and unit name, the 405th logo if its okay or both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back