I've been working my way down the suit. Currently got:

Helmet
Chest plate
Back
Left bicep
Left forearm
Left hand (too small)
Right thigh (too big)

I'm not sure what's the issue with fitting, I'm 72 inches tall, I scaled it to 74 to allow for me being able to get inside it, some bits fit well, others feel very small and the thigh could fit me if I put on 30 pounds! The side fits fine, but I've got about 6 inches of space front and back inside the piece. I'm not totally sure tho as my leg bends back 90 degrees then hits the armour. Does this sound about right?

It doesn't explain the mini hands tho! I'll have to remake them 10% bigger and test, thankfully they are fast.

I'm planning to make my way down the right leg to check out length scaling when done, but it's a lot of work to find out it's making a weird body shape.

Can anyone comment on my scaling? Like I said, I'm 72 inches tall, weighing in about 84kg. So no portly areas, but my ironman looks like he ate a cow. The suit is scaled for 74 inches, this was to allow a small amount of foam padding and wiring.

Any advice?
Cheers

My guess would since be each peice is made differently, and may have just been put together in one file, you would have to scale each one separately. Try using a program called armorsmith. You can scale your peices individually over a digital mannequin of yourself. I would love to see some pictures!

That program looks epic!

I'm manually adjusting the scale to each bit, some have an original scale or 26.27, or 24.9, or 28.. not helpful, the info says that the entire suit was made to fit someone 5"6 tall, so I'm using a scaling formula for each bit.

I've attached a pic of all my parts together, the pool noodles are the beginning of a skeletal frame to keep it all together

Attachments

• 20190214_194833.jpg
    20190214_194833.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 141
I could do with some tips from more experienced modelers.

I needed to thicken my armour components without adding any substantial weight. To that end I modified an industrial expanding foam gun to fire a very thin spray so that I could apply a layer thin enough that when it expanded it wouldn't be huge, however it's hard to get it smooth as I can't find a curved blade with which to cut off excess within objects on a none-flat surface. The image is of the top of a faceplate that I made as a test. The foam expanded to 1cm thickness before setting, weighing less then a sheet of paper but doubling the strength after resin. I want to use the foam for inserting electronics into the components more neatly.

Any tips for how I could it off the excess, I'm sure a curved blade will exist but can't find a name to search Amazon for. Cheers

Attachments

• 20190219_214142.jpg
    20190219_214142.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back