My First

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo405

Okay, so I'm a noob at this stuff so I guess I'll show you guys my first helmet. It's kind of sloppy but hey, for my first go I think it's pretty good. Tell me what you think.

Echo405 said:
Okay, so I'm a noob at this stuff so I guess I'll show you guys my first helmet. It's kind of sloppy but hey, for my first go I think it's pretty good. Tell me what you think.

i'd suggest using pep,

but you choose cardboard and ductape, good first try, my first was sloppy as well ... you should try other methods to train for better projects .... but good first try 7/10

-ecose-

Last edited by a moderator:
ecose said:
i'd suggest using pep,
I would use pep but I have a mac.... Any ideas for a mac program, besides pep running in boot camp.

but you choose cardboard and ductape, good first try, my first was sloppy as well ... you should try other methods to train for better projects .... but good first try 7/10

-ecose-

Zaso117 said:
Did you make that before joining the 405th?
no right after I joined I started, it took me a day but I couldn't figure out how to post so I just waited till after my vacation to post it.

Pretty good for a first try. Maybe you can go to a friends house and print it? I have several Macs as well, but I have a PC, just for things like this.

- Adulese

The only reason i'd buy a mac is cause they look so gosh darn pretty...

Nice first attempt, but a little more detail wouldn't hurt. BTW, Is this the Mark V or Mark VI helmet?

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
The only reason i'd buy a mac is cause they look so gosh darn pretty...

Nice first attempt, but a little more detail wouldn't hurt. BTW, Is this the Mark V or Mark VI helmet?
a mix of Mark V and VI I just couldn't get the detail on the jaw right so I used a Mark V jaw.

...i prefer pepakura because it retains the basic model shape.

its okay, but thats my opinion.

btw you shouldnt double post.

here is my first...
IMG00207.jpg

i need help with the fiberglassing part... can someone answer my question in the NOOB thread?

Brainal said:

i have read that but i mean... do i have to put the fiberglass on the inside and outside? or just one of them? also do i NEED to put resin on first or can i just dunk one side of the cloth in the resin and put it on like in the video tut?... the only reason i am asking is because in the video he only does the inside with fiberglass and then the outside with just resin...
i just wanted some clearing up before i just waste all my time

spiker369 said:
i have read that but i mean... do i have to put the fiberglass on the inside and outside? or just one of them? also do i NEED to put resin on first or can i just dunk one side of the cloth in the resin and put it on like in the video tut?... the only reason i am asking is because in the video he only does the inside with fiberglass and then the outside with just resin...
i just wanted some clearing up before i just waste all my time

Yes the video is correct but you shouldnt use some one elses post to answer your qestion. You should have PM the pepakura master aka...rvb4life.

Back on topic that is a good first helmet. A good way to start. but pepakura is better and a little easier.

Master Fett said:
Yes the video is correct but you shouldnt use some one elses post to answer your qestion. You should have PM the pepakura master aka...rvb4life.

Back on topic that is a good first helmet. A good way to start. but pepakura is better and a little easier.

sorry but i showed a pic of my first helmet and i asked for help over in the other section but he replyed here...

Okay, I've decided to use pep run in boot camp for a good helmet. For those of you who are not familiar with this bootcamp is allows you to start up windows on your mac.

spiker369 said:
sorry but i showed a pic of my first helmet and i asked for help over in the other section but he replyed here...
well, im here now, so do your worst :p

use the fiberglass cloth/mat on the inside, and give the helmet a nice coat of resin on the outside. make sure you get all the nooks/crannies, because if you decide to use a dremel, you are gonna have sanded out hollow spots you need to fill with bondo or spot putty. i know. i have them.

Well here is my first atempt at the wonderful world at Pepakura. The only problem is that when I scaled it to my height it was to small, apparently I have a fat head.

haloarmor001.jpg

haloarmor002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back