My Forward Unto Dawn Master Chief Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang bro, proud for you! The pics before were good, but this last pic you've posted is off the chain! I think for me and the rest of the community, to satisfy our eye candiness, we need a back profile of the suit!

Dang bro, proud for you! The pics before were good, but this last pic you've posted is off the chain! I think for me and the rest of the community, to satisfy our eye candiness, we need a back profile of the suit!

Haha, thanks man!! Yeah, problem is, no one takes pics of my back lol. The best I could do is grab a screenshot of a video someone took that I found. Hope you like it:

25963342151_d711f9895a_b.jpg

Attachments

• 25963342151_d711f9895a_b.jpg
    25963342151_d711f9895a_b.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 231
Dude...Seriously...This...is...epic!!! Everything flows together so well. You've outdone yourself with this one Marc! Hope to see this in person at Dcon this year! :D

Dude...Seriously...This...is...epic!!! Everything flows together so well. You've outdone yourself with this one Marc! Hope to see this in person at Dcon this year! :D

Dude, you are way too kind! Thank you, thank you, thank you :) As you know, some builds take forever. Sometimes forever is worth it. And I definitely can't wait to see you and all the other crew AGAIN at my second Dragon*Con this summer. See you then, Spartan!

Oh wow, then your AR is light like a feather and cool looking! :D
Great job!

And really, there are not enough photos of you in your badass armor. ;_;

Oh wow, then your AR is light like a feather and cool looking! :D
Great job!

And really, there are not enough photos of you in your badass armor. ;_;

Yup, super light! And thank you :) See, I feel bad posting pictures of the finished armor cuz i don't wanna come off like one of those people that is full of themselves and posts like 1,000 pictures of their armor. But, I'll post another since you said something, haha.

Fantastic work man!!!!

Thank you very much! You as well! I went through your thread a long time ago before I started mine.

Alright, here's another shameless shot from C2E2:

26145269472_3cee7d56cb_z.jpg

Attachments

• 26145269472_3cee7d56cb_z.jpg
    26145269472_3cee7d56cb_z.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 161
Yup, super light! And thank you :) See, I feel bad posting pictures of the finished armor cuz i don't wanna come off like one of those people that is full of themselves and posts like 1,000 pictures of their armor. But, I'll post another since you said something, haha.

Duuude. Stop. STAHP. Seriously, stop right there.
Your are not full of yourself when you post pictures of your armor.
You share - we, people WANT to see more.
You have every reason to be proud of it - it's outstanding quality armor!
And we beg for more photos! \o/

It's so pretty <3

Mara is spitting truth everywhere recently :b
This is so cool though :D

Seriously, more non-shameless pics please!

I use them as motivation!

"I'm just a witness"

morning mate a quick question when you glass the peps do you do it in the outside or the inside of it

The first part of the process is to do a layer of just resin on the outside. Once that cures, it makes the cardstock sturdy enough that you then lay the fiberglass itself on the inside of the piece. Makes sense?

Duuude. Stop. STAHP. Seriously, stop right there.
Your are not full of yourself when you post pictures of your armor.
You share - we, people WANT to see more.
You have every reason to be proud of it - it's outstanding quality armor!
And we beg for more photos! \o/

It's so pretty <3

Mara is spitting truth everywhere recently :b
This is so cool though :D

Seriously, more non-shameless pics please!

I use them as motivation!

Hahahaha, alright alright!! I'll post some more photos :) You guys are too much, thank you for again your kind words and also helping me feel more comfortable with sharing pictures. I can't help but get a bit self-conscious about posting too much, like I said, because I do not want to come off as cocky and overly proud of my build. If I truly can inspire someone, that is the best I could ever hope to achieve by sharing my progress, and how I got to where I am, and how I did it, and with what. I've certainly been inspired by others, and have learned a lot of what I do from other people, so the least I can do is return the favor :) So alright, here are a couple more photos. Also, big shout out to Stony Props for that helmet and visor, that was all made by them, I take no credit except the lights and paint. Sorry for the lack of variation, but these are all I can find from the web:

25980597300_c33dfef0f9_b.jpg
25648680694_e2b3756a47_c.jpg
25648680834_3a296c544c_b.jpg

Enjoy, you fabulous people! Haha. Any questions/comments always welcomed.

Attachments

• 25648680694_e2b3756a47_c.jpg
    25648680694_e2b3756a47_c.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 25980597300_c33dfef0f9_b.jpg
    25980597300_c33dfef0f9_b.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 25648680834_3a296c544c_b.jpg
    25648680834_3a296c544c_b.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 166
Can I ask, what did you use for the magnets? Can you link me please??? I am in urgent need as I have 4 days till my next con o.o

Can I ask, what did you use for the magnets? Can you link me please??? I am in urgent need as I have 4 days till my next con o.o

Unfortunately, I don't have a link for the magnets :/ BUT, I can tell you that it's as easy as going to ebay and type in the search bar "rare earth magnets"
They come in all different shapes, sizes, thicknesses, etc. I don't know how quickly you could get them, but that's where I got mine.

Yeah but like, what strength are they? Will they be able to hold my DMR on my back without it falling off? :b

Yeah but like, what strength are they? Will they be able to hold my DMR on my back without it falling off? :b

As far as any kind of strength rating goes, I have no idea. Rare earth magnets are some of the strongest ones out there, I've used them on almost all on costumes. They can hold a few pounds pretty easily. I'm sure there's some kind of strength scale, but that some definite physics, and I do not know that kind of technical information. Also, what material is your DMR? My magnets work because my AR is extremely light weight. But if yours weighs a couple pounds or so, you might need quite a few magnets to make it stick. Kinda have to test that out, trial and error. I've seen other guys use hooks to rest their weapon upon their back. Maybe search around the other threads on see what other people are doing to sling their weapons. Sorry I couldn't be more help :/

Neodymium Rare Earth Magnet's strength is determined by it's shape, grade and size. The grade will be represented by a number prefixed by the letter N, like N35. Here is a link to a magnet calculator. https://www.kjmagnetics.com/calculator.asp

Select the shape, enter the grade and the dimensions of the magnet and if the magnet is making direct contact with another magnet or metal then the distance would be zero. If the magnets are say on either side of a 1/2" piece of foam than the distance would be .5 inches. The prices on that site are expensives so I would go with moderndaymarc 's recomendation and hit up ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_n...5&_itemId=201455433625&_trksid=p2047675.m4099

How every many pounds it says is for one magnet, multiply by how many magnets you can use and just make sure that your gun weighs less than that "pull force".

Dude, ModerndayMarc, your suit turned out intense! Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back