My Halo 4 helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8b

Hello everyone!
Making these kind of projects quickly turned into my new favorite hobby. Started off with a somewhat difficult build for my first try then escalated into a full suit, more helmets, another more detailed suit, and more helmets. After pepping out my reach suit and EOD helmet I said I would give that Halo 4 helmet a shot.
So here I am. In the mitst of part-pocalypse trying to put this thing together. I scaled it down to fit me better and got it down to 25 pages by moving stuff around. It took me days just to cut out everything and then to score each one. Now I am searching through parts while referring to the model on the old windows laptop I use for pepakura, still wish there was a mac client so I wouldn't have to boot that thing up. But it does have the full version on it that my brother got years ago then never used, which was the whole reason I got into this.
Now my adventure continues...

0d609ffd.jpg

Good luck man, Its a tuff one to pep but its worth it in the end, there are not to many H4 helmets that have been completed so if you can pull it off than you can join the few that have finished it. I know when i pep'd it out there were a few times i was going to trash the thing but I kept going and managed to complete the helmet, hope to see yours soon

Thanks for the support guys. I'm currently done with the top part. There are a few bumps but nothing I can't fix later. Now I'm working from the back around to the front. I'd like to see how far I can get in the next few hours and hopefully can finish this up in the next day or so.

9803a7fe.jpg

38de5cfe.jpg

Dang this is some of the best pepping I have ever seen especially for suchan advanced helmet congrads and I can’t wait to see how it comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang this is some of the best pepping I have ever seen especially for suchan advanced helmet congrads and I can’t wait to see how it comes out.

Lol Thanks man! I'm pretty sure if you saw it in person you would see its kinda messy.

But 2.5 hours later I have the back and some of the right side done.

77972cc1.jpg

67e36a25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and boom goes the dynamite!
This wasn't as bad as I thought. There were a lot of parts and I did take a long time to get them put together. It was my hardest build but totally worth it.

9a42c5a6.jpg

c59e6b17.jpg

1015929e.jpg

f1e115db.jpg

and boom goes the dynamite!
This wasn't as bad as I thought. There were a lot of parts and I did take a long time to get them put together. It was my hardest build but totally worth it.

9a42c5a6.jpg

c59e6b17.jpg

1015929e.jpg

f1e115db.jpg

Dang that is a beautiful Hemet my friend Keep up the hard work.

That one heck of a pep job. It' looks real hard and yet so good at the same time. :) Great work.

That one heck of a pep job. It' looks real hard and yet so good at the same time. :) Great work.

Oh why yes it was a difficult one.
Thanks everyone for the comments!

I think once I can harden it I will color it like a multiplayer on the red team. I'll try to paint it in a way that makes sense based off the reach colors for the MK 6.

Makes me cry just looking at the difficulty of that. That's some real pep talent over there. Great job dude!

I've seen a few of these Halo 4 helms pep'd out... looks like quite the task. Since I like pepping and putting myself through pain and anguish, I think that I may attempt it!
;P

If you thought it was fun peping it, thats nothing the fun begins when you have to do body work in all those little areas on the lower part of the helmet and all the little hard to get into spots:D, Anyways nice job also nice to see another H4 helmet pep'd out, Hope to see more progress soon

If you thought it was fun peping it, thats nothing the fun begins when you have to do body work in all those little areas on the lower part of the helmet and all the little hard to get into spots:D, Anyways nice job also nice to see another H4 helmet pep'd out, Hope to see more progress soon

Yeah I'm not looking forward to that part.

UPDATE:
Today I used smooth cast 320 and hardened my helmet.

5c5a60d0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back