My Halo Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrCllst240

Hey Guys. I've already started on my Mark VI armor, but haven't been able to post because of school and work (lol). I know I am supposed to add pics when starting a new topic but I'm kind of in a hurry seeing as I have to leave for school in about 5 mins (I will post pics when I get back).

I have one question for anyone who can answer this for me: I've already worked with fiberglass/resin before when I made my energy sword (failure, but at least handle looked nice :D ). Which pieces do you guys bondo? I've been getting conflicting answers, but I need to know which ones are the most important and any tips correct bondoing.

Thanks to all in advance and I'll post some pics when I get back from school (college to be exact).

while i'm not at the bondo stage myself yet, i have looked around for the same answer you are looking for, and found that 99.999% of people here will say to use bondo on everything, just use really thin layers, and build what ever detail up that you want to work on. bondo is mainly used to smooth curves, and make it look less like you glued a bunch of strips of paper together, and to make your armour look as close to the armour that master chief wears ass possible.

so in short... use bondo on the pieces that or the sections of pieces that people will be able to see better than others, like the helmet, chest or back pack... the pieces that tend to stick out to the viewer. but i recommend using bondo on every piece. that way you get the whole over all look of total awesomeness lol

hope that helped

O.T.

i dont know my self ive seen some builds on here and the hd files have loads of detail in them now and i think they looks better with shap lines in and sometimes after they have bondoed them they sometimes look worse but thats just me a guess

Demolition said:
i dont know my self ive seen some builds on here and the hd files have loads of detail in them now and i think they looks better with shap lines in and sometimes after they have bondoed them they sometimes look worse but thats just me a guess

obviously that is personal opinion. and seeing as each armour is totally personal, that is pretty much what matters most isn't it ? lol when everything is all boiled down, it comes to the one question: what look do you prefer; the bondo'ed look, or the un-bondo'ed look. once you can answer that question, take the appropriate action. :) BUT if you go with the bono option, you pretty much bondo everything lol (in thin layers)

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised, here are some of my pics from the armor I've already started. I will post more pics when I have time. Please comment and rate.

resined helmet front

resined helmet side

right hand plate fiberglassed

left handplate fiberglassed

Hope you guys like them.

If someone could also tell/show me the proper way of posting pics; I have them on photobucket and I just want to be able to link them properly. Also do you guys change your armor status pics in your signatures? Thanks.

looks good. and yess you should bondo everything but do it in sections and use thin layers! dont just cover the entire thing cuz then that leaves more work for you if you do it in sections its alot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back