My Halo Reach Build: It's gonna be AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose vs Grif

Member DIN
S737
Hey guys. I decided that I was going to take a break on my Mark VI upgrades and make a Halo Reach foam suit. I'm picking up a foam roll tonight and WILL have some pieces done by tomorrow. I've worked with foam before and I'm prepared to take on the challenge again! Here is the foam roll I will be using... http://www.sears.com/rollup-mat-shock-athletic/p-00614724000P?prdNo=15&blockNo=15&blockType=G15

It's thinner than the anti-fatigue foam interlocking mats and is way easier to work with. It also holds up super well (I know beacuse I used it on a majority of my Mark VI suit and it held up all day at the con with only one little tear). I will be using L3X's files for this build ( found here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33480-L3X-s-File-Database ). Here is the spartan that I will be making

Vanity_634724099330104314.png

Wish me luck!

Haha I know how that goes. Idk I haven't seen the gauntlet in person yet but from the photos online idk what to think just yet.

Well I went with the foam and I got these rolled out in a good 15 minutes...

569_414890118566217_2018765895_n.jpg

Now on to cutting out templates!

Got the biceps templates cut out last night. I'll probably get one or both of them done by tonight, so there will most likely be an update tonight. Stay tuned and also, I LIKE CRITICISM, keeps me motivated. :)

Those hand plates look good. This is definitely one of the bulkier versions of the Reach armor. You are going to look like a frakking tank, brother.

Those hand plates look good. This is definitely one of the bulkier versions of the Reach armor. You are going to look like a frakking tank, brother.

I know right! I love the "tank-ish" look, makes me look taller than I am! XD ( I'm like 5"3 LOL)

Got one bicep done, but I don't know does it look to big, or can I still use it?

150559_415182005203695_1894103316_n.jpg

Comments please!

Yeah, what I'm going to do is the make the chest piece first, and then resize the bicep if needed.

Ok I got the biceps scaled down 20 mm. Its all cut out and traced, so I should have it done by tomorrow.
Thanks for lookin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back