My Hayabusa Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Rogue said:
@ Belakor : That's kinda the same thing with the EOD, or is it really orange?...
Can't say for sure with the EOD, still haven't sat down and finished the last two levels on legendary :unsure: but if it's anything like the other two small visored helmets I'd say it is the same :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that summer has come to an end, I can begin work on my recon helm again. I sprayed on primer and continued sanding like crazy to smooth it some more, all that is left are the groves near the bottom, top, and to add the details and vents. (warning alot of photos)
DSCN1448.jpg

DSCN1454.jpg

DSCN1456.jpg

DSCN1457.jpg

DSCN1458.jpg

DSCN1460.jpg

DSCN1461.jpg

DSCN1462.jpg

DSCN1465.jpg

DSCN1466.jpg

DSCN1467.jpg

Ok i know its been a while for my helmet, but weather wasn't that permitting until now. I just received the padding for my helmet, scorpion sports exo-700 padding in standard gray color. and got some spot putty put on a bit more smoothing on the bottom, picked up some plastic signs for the vents on the side, and have been messing with some electronics, not for my helm but for a Solid-Eye prop. Sorry for the low resolution photos but don't have my camera atm.

Padding1.jpg

Padding2.jpg

Snug fit and very comfortable.

so how are you going to do the details and such? as well as your ventilation placement cuz im trying to figure if those are just black parts on the cheeks, lights or just nothing im not sure but your helmet is looking good and definitley comfy!

crackhead09 said:
so how are you going to do the details and such? as well as your ventilation placement cuz im trying to figure if those are just black parts on the cheeks, lights or just nothing im not sure but your helmet is looking good and definitley comfy!

Details will be added using rotary tool, the vent on the side will be made from plastic sign after cutting out the resined parts, the placement will be as seen in the picture below, and comfort in it is amazing, just need to do some trimming on the inside where the visor is going to go.

recon.jpg

If I remember correctly I used the default scale Belakor used which was 26cm.

looking good quadraxis A.R is the bomb it gave me back a part of my lungs i lost to normal casting resin *cough,cough*

mjolnir follower said:
looking good quadraxis A.R is the bomb it gave me back a part of my lungs i lost to normal casting resin *cough,cough*

your helmet is amazing. i just resined my recon helmet

Well for me it has been a long summer after working on a MGS4 snake costume, and just having no free time. Since that has changed and classes have started up for me I have 2 free days to work on my Hayabusa helmet. After picking up a rotary tool I was able to start adding the details to the helmet to make it as game accurate as possible. (Very pic heavy, click to enlarge)

These were taken back when I got it to show size of both helms. (Taken April 21st)

th_PICT0439.jpg

th_PICT0442.jpg

After visor and light slots were cut out, and smoothing and filling was done. (Taken May 21st)

th_PICT0454.jpg

th_PICT0455.jpg

th_PICT0456.jpg

th_PICT0457.jpg

And current status. Vents, and most detail has been engraved/cut and resin added to bottom and inside for strengthening thin areas. (Taken Sept 8th)

th_PICT0477.jpg

th_PICT0478.jpg

th_PICT0479.jpg

th_PICT0480.jpg

th_PICT0481.jpg

th_PICT0482.jpg

th_PICT0483.jpg

Edit 9/9:

I was wondering if I should use the detailed spots near the visor and completely cut through and place a black mesh material behind it to allow more airflow through the front, also same with the same shaped detail on the back. For the vents on the side, that is where I will place the fans behind some more of that mesh material. The mesh material is like a window screen but vinyl instead of metal.

From what I have shown last time with my Hayabusa helmet, I have learned that Painting can be quite frustrating, but that matters not. The helmet is almost complete, What I have done was sand off all the paint from a previous problem along with all of the crest detail, since most of it got damaged by the paint, primed it, put a base coat of gloss white down, then taped it off painted on the blue, and black acrylic paint after many trial and error for finding the exact mixture of white and blue to make the desired blue. I have the visor, I plan on using a hot glue stick while a hole half way through for making the light bars on the front, the padding will be interchangeable between my two helmets, and I still have to pick up the last bit of the electronics (batteries, holders, switch(s), and fans). For anyone who has a hayabusa from Ithica, any recommendations for the visor or template for cutting it?

Blue added, before black detail was added.

th_e467e55c.jpg th_49339afe.jpg

Black detail added, and plenty of touch ups.

th_19.jpg th_17.jpg

th_25.jpg

Now that this helmet is almost done, I will begin work on the Thorssoli torso I got from him, and the hayabusa permutation. I am planing on making it attachable by magnets.

th_f5252da3.jpg th_9d114583.jpg th_96f0cb9e.jpg th_d66a5714.jpg

Queen said:
Woah! This is looking pretty good! How long did the detailing on the crown take you?

From when I sanded there was still some of the previous detail left on there so I just went over it with hot glue, other spots I had to guess. I felt bad that I had to sand it off cause of the damage, but I tried my best to get it back to how it was. I have a cheap glue gun so it made it a bit difficult, it took about 2 hrs of gluing and correcting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back