My helmet progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it used to be blue but i painted it black for further modifications. im going to spacle it to add more detail. later if its totally uber awsome ill mold it. but for now its a pepakura skeleton of what it will be.

To Do List:
1. fold and glue into a pep helm: Done
2. Add vents and expanding foam the inside: Done
3. make a cheep soda bottle visor: Done
4. Add detail through spacle: in proggress
5. Airbrush the whole helm awsomly: got to go to Ny to do it.

top veiw:
GEDC0075.jpg

inside:
GEDC0074.jpg

Front: (yes i can see through my visor!)
GEDC0073.jpg

right side:
GEDC0072.jpg

Back:
GEDC0071.jpg

left side:
GEDC0070.jpg

Update!: 11/13/07

Last edited by a moderator:
people who have used spackle seem to have good results. I eagerly await the finished product, and hopefully even a mini tut on using spackle ;)

Zaso117 said:
people who have used spackle seem to have good results. I eagerly await the finished product, and hopefully even a mini tut on using spackle ;)

Wait, aint spackel and "bondo body filler" the same thing?

xobx said:
Wait, aint spackel and "bondo body filler" the same thing?

No, not the same. Spackle is the non toxic, slightly less sturdy equivalent to bondo body filler. It's the white paste-like stuff you spread onto cracks or small holes in walls to smooth them out. But it works pretty well, I enjoyed working with it.

Nice helmet, I dig the black stealthy look. Gonna keep it that way?

I might keep the black stealth look but i dont know. thanks for the comments and i surely will make a tut once i spacle it. i waiting for some money and the ok from my mom to spacle it. :cool: when its done if it looks really really awsome Il mold it with a loan from the art dept from my school.

(note to k-22: mrs. doe said to keep it a secret (the loan) so dont tell..... ANYONE!!.... ok?)

Durlaburban said:
I might keep the black stealth look but i dont know. thanks for the comments and i surely will make a tut once i spacle it. i waiting for some money and the ok from my mom to spacle it. :cool: when its done if it looks really really awsome Il mold it with a loan from the art dept from my school.

(note to k-22: mrs. doe said to keep it a secret (the loan) so dont tell..... ANYONE!!.... ok?)
how do you get your picture of your CQB armor (your avatar)

i NEED TO KNOW!

Yes... Smoothen it out a bit, then you are all set to make my visor! :rolleyes plz do a good job
............ :lol:

Nice. I agree, smooth that sucker out...are you thinking about any battle damage? The hammered silver kind?that might look pretty badass on the black.

ok listen guys im selling my gas powered rc truck now. so thats an extra $200 i can through into my budget!!!! :lol:

soon itll be the best!!!! ill post a tut on the soda bottle visors later.

sorry for the double post but i wanted to update you that k-22 is coming to my house on sunday so we can work on our helmets together. (feel bad for my printer lol) Well my bro is buying my Rc truck when he can. hes gunna pay me like 25 a week for two months i think.. so soon my helm will be glorious. one thing is i spacle over the paint will the spacle fall off or should i sand the area down to the paper to make it easeir to stick too?

YO, Durlaburban, yur probably gonna have to make mine... (Ms. D said it might not work out for visor ... :(

But yur my (sorta) only hope man...

See ay at skool

TwinAces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back