Props My MA5K Build so far (Spoiler alert) New Pics page 2 Nov 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long Shot said:
very nice work. I think i will have to look into building one of these in the near future.
That looks like it is a real gun... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait...were these in any of the games? I've neither seen nor heard of this rifle...

Good job on it.

is it me or does it kinda look like this gun?
famas.jpg

it looks really nice btw.

I guess like a shortened and chunkier version of the FAMAS. But the FAMAS really is closer to the BR55.

HK416 said:
I guess like a shortened and chunkier version of the FAMAS. But the FAMAS really is closer to the BR55.
actually i never noticed that. haha

Murakumo said:
is it me or does it kinda look like this gun?
famas.jpg

it looks really nice btw.

Hmmm Kinda Murakumo, but mine is more compact. and Thank you.

Long Shot said:
very nice work. I think i will have to look into building one of these in the near future.
Thanks Longshot, if I can help let me know.

Macattack64 said:
That looks like it is a real gun... :p
Thanks Macattack64 I just hope I don't get shot by some jumpy cop when I go to a convention next week with it lol.

blinkava44 said:
this looks so amazing dude, you got some real talent!

ever think of selling one of these?

PM me
Thanks Blink, I could not have done it without your help. Props to Blink. Plus I talked to a friend. maybe we will mold this in the near future, I will keep you posted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Oct 27 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>GO SPARTAN161 GO!!!!!</div>
(peeks cautiously around the corner) go where? lol

kanianreborn said:
Thats is just amazing man.
Thanks Kanianreborn, Psst next on the list is a BIG gauge.

HK416 said:
Wait...were these in any of the games? I've neither seen nor heard of this rifle...
Good job on it.
Nope not in any of the games. Its in the Ghosts of Onyx book. its right on the cover of the book being held by a Spartan who is pointing. Thanks for your comment.

Ok here is the latest pics on the MA5K build. The fore grip, pistol grip and butt plate got foamy on them.

In this photo you can see that I coated this fore grip with 3 coats of spray on plasti dip. This gives the fore grip a rubbery no slip grip. Plus the foamy tends to soak up some of the spray making it more hard and rubber like. all of the foamy sections of this build will be getting this treatment.

gallery_3697_149_81079.jpg

Here you can see the bolt carrier glued in place and the foamy grip insert on the pistol grip.

gallery_3697_149_49346.jpg

Close up of the bolt carrier its hard to see but I streaked the bolt carrier with silver paint to give the appearance of heavy use. Just below it a small registration plate. It didn't turn out well and I plan on remaking it, This one says "Earth Armory #13 Detroit MI 000001". You didn't think we just built autos here did you? lol

gallery_3697_149_2118.jpg

Dude, that is freakin' ozzy! Can't say that I like it more than the AR, but this is a great alternative. Possibly the best MA5K I will ever see. Possibly the first one ever? Great job.

kanianreborn said:
*head asplodes*

I want one!

MEDIC! Man down man down! ::Looks for snipers:: lol
If things work out I will be molding this Kannianreborn, keep an eye on the thread.

Friendly said:
Dude, that is freakin' ozzy! Can't say that I like it more than the AR, but this is a great alternative. Possibly the best MA5K I will ever see. Possibly the first one ever? Great job.
Thanks Friendly

link4044 said:
looking good
Thank you link :D

Spartan-104 said:
Te he, looks like mine! :D
I would like to see some pics of yours Spartan-104

Rocknrollcows said:
i just hope you dont get shot by the police cuz that looks really realistic!
you should make molds of that.
I should be ok Rocknrollcows. A friend of mine is taking me to an anime comic con thing and I am going as a wounded marine with the MA5K. She has been to hundreds of these and claims that prop weapons are everywhere. This will be my first one besides a stargate convention I went to a few years back. looking forward to it. Yes molding on the way.

MandoMan531 said:
looks great. you have inspied me. would it be ok if i PMed you for details?
PM sent, hope the details help you out. when I am all said and done with this build I am going to post the last updated pics in sunlight if Michigan weather permits. Oh and some pics from the convention. have a great night everyone. and Thanks again to Blinkava44 for his help in great High res pics.

Edit: Looks like im not going :( :( .

I wanttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!
(my preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...................)

(yoink)
(gets hit in the head by spartan161)
(ok, its yours...)

SPaRtaN-1I7 said:
Ohhh... Why arn't you going anymore. :eek:
Long story, short version is my friend cant say yes or no as far as planning goes. So rather than get all ready and not go, I chose to stay home. In the future I plan on doing the planning myself, lesson learned.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(just me(no one else) @ Nov 2 2007, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wanttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!
(my preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...................)

(yoink)
(gets hit in the head by spartan161)
(ok, its yours...)</div>

Just me, you worry me at times.... Watch your 6 man.

Here is a Close up of handle detail added with a dremel. After some sanding and touch up paint she is done. :) Im sure over time I will add more detail here and there, some detail on the magazine for example. Overall I am very pleased with her look.

gallery_3697_149_42076.jpg

Here she is after a hard day ;) As you can see the fore grip, pistol grip and butt plate are all plasti dip coated foamy. Without holding this prop you cant appreciate what a nice touch this adds. In fact everyone who has seen the MA5K at this stage asked if it was a real firearm. Now I need to find some orange hunters tape so I don't get shot.

gallery_0_149_31836.jpg

I will post more pics when all the detailing is done, just wanted to keep you all in the loop. How is she looking? Take care and thank you for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back