My Mark Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
ehh if you didn't have access to a dremel you could use a small handsaw or hacksaw. I mean the cuts for chest are pretty straight and easy cuts anyways. If you do end up with a dremel don't use those breakable cutting disks, go buy a real cutting wheel from Walmart. I think I paid maybe $5 for mine.

Liq said:
ehh if you didn't have access to a dremel you could use a small handsaw or hacksaw. I mean the cuts for chest are pretty straight and easy cuts anyways. If you do end up with a dremel don't use those breakable cutting disks, go buy a real cutting wheel from Walmart. I think I paid maybe $5 for mine.

thanks for the help! Liq =]

I need to get one soon, my arm is pretty sore from sanding by hand!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried using a hack saw and it worked out great! Here are some pictures, there not very good....its hard to take pictures of yourself with one hand =]

sorry for posting again

looking great. Deffinatly be proud of yourself. and i know wut u mean by hard ot take a picture with one hand. i usually press a timer run realy quik infront of it and poseee. but i havent been taking many armour pics lately i ran outa hardner so my helm is half glassed. and just a reallly nooby stupid question

do you have ot bondo, or can i sand somone the resin down and just paint because my dad might not let me into his bondo supply. if he does great but if not i need to find and alternative to it. i might beg m y mom to go get bondo if i realllly need it.

Looks great so far. Keep it up.

And to the question above, you don't have to bondo but if you want it smooth then it would be a good idea. Sanding the resin and such will still leave it with a fairly angular look.

xXSTICKXx said:
looking great. Deffinatly be proud of yourself. and i know wut u mean by hard ot take a picture with one hand. i usually press a timer run realy quik infront of it and poseee. but i havent been taking many armour pics lately i ran outa hardner so my helm is half glassed. and just a reallly nooby stupid question

do you have ot bondo, or can i sand somone the resin down and just paint because my dad might not let me into his bondo supply. if he does great but if not i need to find and alternative to it. i might beg m y mom to go get bondo if i realllly need it.

Well actually you don't have to bondo anything. It makes the piece look better though. If you have enough layers of fiberglass 2-3 and are using the super high def helmet model then you can just sand down the areas like around the jaw and the top of the helmet till its completely smooth, but the problem is when you sand down fiberglass you expose tons of bubbles that were trapped in the resin and its also a lot slower to sand then bondo. My suggestion is to use bondo if you can.

If you have any more questions I would be happy to help!

fluffybunny117 said:
I'm not a 405th moderator or anything, but i think this should be allowed to be put in the pepakura forum because you are not a noob.

I don't think he can post there yet...

You're going full out on that chest I see. All the detail and what not to make it game accurate. Very cool

your finished work is always clean. I enjoy checking back on this thread whenever you have updates.

keep it up

Coming along pretty good there. I like the added detail you are doing for the torso. I'm working on 2 projects at the moment, although I have not updated my hayabusa thread in a while! XD

I also seem to be having an issue with my MK VI helmet. I'm not making it for me, but for my boyfriend. I think I am having sizing issues. I have already made 2. The one seems to be a little small and he can't even get it over his head. The ONLY way to get it on was if I removed the one bottom back piece of the helmet. The second one seems just TOO big, so can you tell me if you were able to get your helmet on with no problems?

HaloGoddess said:
Coming along pretty good there. I like the added detail you are doing for the torso. I'm working on 2 projects at the moment, although I have not updated my hayabusa thread in a while! XD

I also seem to be having an issue with my MK VI helmet. I'm not making it for me, but for my boyfriend. I think I am having sizing issues. I have already made 2. The one seems to be a little small and he can't even get it over his head. The ONLY way to get it on was if I removed the one bottom back piece of the helmet. The second one seems just TOO big, so can you tell me if you were able to get your helmet on with no problems?

+1 On the getting the helmet on part. I'm curious about this myself. I know I've scaled my helmet correctly, but I can already tell I'm not going to be able to get it on without some modification. I already have something in mind, but I'm curious to know what you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back