My Mark VI halo helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconTree92

WP_20140908_001.jpgWP_20140916_001.jpgSo for a very long time I've wanted to give costume making a try. I've done origami, which led to paper crafting, which led to pepkura. I love making things with my hands and it is kind of amazing to take something from a movie or a game and make it real. This is actually not the first costume I've made, nor will it be the last. I've made an entire pig from Minecraft, a zombie pigman from Minecraft, a Dragon priest mask, hood, cloak, and staff from skyrim, and last but not least a halo mk VI helmet. I've been a member for awhile and now I'm excited to be actually posting stuff! So sorry for the long boring intro, here's some pics!

The helmet is made from cereal and Twinky boxes, I've paper mached it, but I've read some things about using caulk to round out some sharper edges. I'm curious to know if it's actually a good idea or no. Also I'm not sure about colors other than the visor which will be black. So if anyone reads this any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

BaconTree92 I have seen and heard of a lot of mats that people use to build with. Try everything some things work better than others. Also with the visor check a local bike shop as in motorcycle or even a walmart hear and there has helmet shields. Try to get one that has a one way glass so that you can see people but they can't see you ;). Best of luck and as always cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks elementfx, I think I'll probably do a few more layers of paper mach to round it out a bit, and as for the visor I've watched a few tutorials and I'm going super crazy cheap and use a 2 liter pop bottle and some limo tint. It won't be the best but I'm just making it for fun.

ok just great looking good but I love how you used materials that most others would just toss in the bin ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back