my mc armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
geoviper34 said:
hi guys i just stade up till 2 in the morning and now i have 3 pieces of armour ready to be glassed and painted :)

could be deleted if you dont have pics

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence, Geo... But those parts look aweful! Did you even take the time to assemble it? Or did you just smash the pieces together?
I suggest you start from the beginning... And give a little more soul into your projects.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
No offence, Geo... But those parts look aweful! Did you even take the time to assemble it? Or did you just smash the pieces together?
I suggest you start from the beginning... And give a little more soul into your projects.
I agree, and just a question, did you even use cardatock, or dd you just smack it together with letter paper? - Ice

Geez you guys! It's not nice to make fun of someone. Forums like this are made to help people, and you just telling him that it looks bad doesn't help. It's not criticism, it's constructive criticism. You tell him what he did wrong, and how to fix it.

So anyways, If you didn't use cardstock, your helmet is going to fall apart. It looks like it was perfect until you got the resin on it. Secondly, it looks like you never put the faceplate in. The faceplate is essential for keeping the helmet together while you resin it. Otherwise your helmet will take on a "melted" look.

The good news is your helmet looks like its fixable. Try putting in supports when you fiberglass it. That's what I did, and it fixed everything that was wrong. Just leave them in while it cures.

Looks like Geo used clear tape to stick the pieces together.

One tip: don't rush the job. Take your time doing this and if you plan on making it into a helmet like everybody else (wearable), do use a thicker paper. Preferably 110lb cardstock.

since i cant start a topic ill just runnoff of this one heres my helmet i made out of my legendary ed. im only 14 so takit easy with the criticizm but still be honest

KrazyKid02 said:
since i cant start a topic ill just runnoff of this one heres my helmet i made out of my legendary ed. im only 14 so takit easy with the criticizm but still be honest

The holes you put in ruined it, but otherwise it looks good.

KrazyKid02 said:
holes ruined it. Don't use your age as an excuse dude lol. I'm 14 too :p . I wouldve cut out the vents and made my own functionable ones. It wouldve looked A LOT better.

yeah i know i jus didnt know were to put the vents besides its not like i have a lot of money i put the holes in it with a dremel my dad uses for work every thing else was from mowing yards

Wow Geoviper, sorry but that armor looks bad. And I don't mean bad as in good. I'm not one to ruin peoples self esteem or anything but man. If your gonna do it, do it right. Take the time and make it look good. No joke, my plain size tester pep model looks better than your actual pep model. Its not even that hard, I went straight from size tester to flying squirrels Halo 3 High detail model with no prior pep experience. What a pain in the ass compared the the size tester, but I am taking my time and it looks awesome. Of course I'm 22 but passion has no age limit or requirement and at around 12 I was more than capable of cutting folding and gluing paper together. Its not an engine block kids, its pepakura. Also Geo.....get some card stock, trust me the difference is HUGE. My size tester was regular pc paper and it always looks like its melting (0 structural integrity) but my card stock model....I think I could club a baby elephant to death with it. I am exaggerating of course but it really is a big difference. I say start over with the right supplies and more importantly the right attitude. And if the armor I see in those pics IS the result of you giving it your all, then I'm sorry and I didn't mean to rag on you.

Aw, dude. Not to be harsh, but you made one of the worst mistakes you could have made. You didn't put the visor in.

1025072044vm4.jpg

As you can see from this, my 1st helmet warped major due to me not putting the visor in. It'll be a long shot, but maybe like tsau-mia said, you might be able to get away with supports. The whole piece might collapse due to you using tape(if you did) and the integrity of the letter paper. You also need to check out the scoring tutorial so your folds can be spot-on.

You need to restart with Cardstock, a hot glue gun, and renewed vigor. ;) Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back