My MC Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietstrm4

my friend and i started this helmet on Wends day are looking to finish by tommarrow for a Halloween party....just used a full face bike helmet, cardboard for the molding and then bondo....just needs a lil more bondo, sanding, visor put in and then she will be ready for painting...i don't think it is too bad for a twos hours a day of work...let me kno what you think

Why be so negative. I could tell what it was and so could my little sister who doesnt play halo at all. Looks pretty good. Could use some touch up work, granted, but then again, youve only been working on it for a few days.

It aint bad, but isnt perfect, a better model would be blue relm's photo gallery of every angle in high quality images, that helped me with my helmet.

this is a great start.. ... great for the first try on anything. don't listen to these bums.

I agree that it is a very good start, but the visor is a bit too long. I am not sure, but it looks as though you have vents on the sides of the "jaw" piece. Are these for ventilation purposes or am I mistaking the little hosing on the MC's helmet for vents? All in all, shorten the visor, add some details and I believe you could have yourself a pretty substantial helmet.

well for an update...we sanded and did some more bondo tonight and hopefully tomorrow we are going to get to the painting and final detailing of the helmet...we were going to shorten the visor but we are sort of in a rush....i guess we just wanna get it done to see what it looks like...tomorrow i will post more pics

believe it or not with some sanding and painting you will have a great looking helmet. That base is nearly the perfect shape. Sand it smooth then use a dremel to carve out the details. Good luck sir and post pics when you finish.

BenStreeper said:
believe it or not with some sanding and painting you will have a great looking helmet. That base is nearly the perfect shape. Sand it smooth then use a dremel to carve out the details. Good luck sir and post pics when you finish.

thanks a lot....i will def post pictures as soon as i can

Last edited by a moderator:
quietstrm4 said:
thanks a lot....i will def post pictures as soon as i can

Remember now that you have the shape it is easier to take away than it is to add. So putting on alot of bondo to start is always a good idea, that lets you sand and carve away until the helmet is just right. Your process is fine. And im sure you can finish this by halo-ween.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back