My Nearly Finished Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtymatt89

Jr Member
Ok, ive been working on this crap since a little after Christmas, all of it started as pep, except for the helmet, which i purchased off Thorsolli a while back, and the handplate which began life as a hunk o clay... but heres what i got so far...
100_0290-1.jpg

here the blue chest with some test paint, started with the HD chest pep file and used clay for detailing...
100_0291-1.jpg

Fresh pull from the back mold, not trimmed or anything...
100_0292.jpg

Ok, this is a muckle cast forearm...
100_0293.jpg

...And a muckle thigh, though i was experimenting with a MC green, still not sure on my final color...
100_0294.jpg

Last piece to be done, i waited for this one to come out so i wouldnt have to relive what i did on the other parts...
100_0296.jpg

Crotch piece nearly done, toy for reference, not for play...
100_0297.jpg

boots ready to mold...
100_0298.jpg

save the best for last, also a color experiment...

and the shin is at a friends house for smoothing, as i stink at clay work...

thanks, yeah, i used the pep as a skeleton and build up everything else with bondo and cardboard, then i eventually molded all of it, because all of my originals were non-wearable...

Holy crap, very nice. A few questions:

Did you use the robogen beta model for the fore arm?
How much bondo did you use on the forearm?
That looks like a Chevy in the first pic, maybe a Camaro? I love Camaro's :lol:

thanks for the compliments, first, yes, it was robos beta model, with about a gallon (i kid you not) of bondo... and secondly, it is in fact, a camaro, a 67 RS/SS convertible, restoring these another hobby of mine, and where i learned to use bondo...

ha, that was my goal, but you can ask him, ive purchased no armor from him, i prefer to say "I built this" as opposed to "I bought this"... more dignity i guess...

ha... don't be silly. Those are muckle cast (the forearms, hand plate and thigh). But it's really starting to look nice. Other parts look pretty hot.

Adam said:
ha... don't be silly. Those are muckle cast (the forearms, hand plate and thigh). But it's really starting to look nice. Other parts look pretty hot.

Great work here but yeah the fore arms and thighs are defo muckles. I know a muckle cast when I see one. Its coming together nicely all the same. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
RedTogusa said:
Great work here but yeah the fore arms and thighs are defo muckles. I know a muckle cast when I see one. Its coming together nicely all the same. ;)

A little late for the April fools..

gar, ive been found out, but in all honesty i found them at some sleezy game store in nashvile and they were all busted up, so i got em for a good price, then i have been doctoring them with bondo and whatnot since then, but everything else is made from scratch...

You based your detail off adam's suit, at first I thought those pulls were from adam lol, but it is VERY VERY nice work for pepakura to molded :)

just a random question, does anybody know what would make for a good functional pouch that goes on the sides of the belt? i want it to be functional so when im wearing my suit i can store some cash and my phone and whatnot, but i also want it to look somewhat accurate... i sculpted one out of clay with some ill advised notion to mold it, then i realized that that doesnt make any sense, so im open to any suggestions...

How did you get enough space to sand in all the details on the chest? I'd love to know for when I finish with the pep on mine >.>

Beautiful job so far! Can't wait to see all the pieces finished!

actually i wanted to try something other than bondo, so i coated the whole thing in clay, but i wouldnt recommend going that route...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back