My Odst Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
[attachment=9242:MVC_007F.JPG]I've been gathering gear, and data to start on my ODST armor and I'm finally going to start on it. What I have showing right now is the gear thats going to be part of the armor, the molar vest of course is what the chest and back armor plates are going to be put on as soon as I get the plating ready to be put on. I'm planning on more pics when I get more gear and when certain sections of the armor is ready by my exspectation so heres what I have so far.

carpathiavh99 said:
What's your plan with the machete? o_O

Nice undersuit though.
pssshhhaa. its obviously gonna be the uber knife every odst needs. lol. looks sweet. keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the under suit I plan on using black pilot coverals to go under it all as for the machete It's an up close and personal mele weopon for taking on both the Covenant (not the Eliets) and the flood because a small combat knife just isn't enough know what I mean 405th.

Actually, it's funny, I was playing Halo 2 today and was looking at the ODST's. I noticed a machete strapped across their backs!!

2 things to consider about blades:

1) if you're goning to go trucking about in public... a real blade may not be the best idea, perhaps a prop?

2) my favorite long blade machette/knife is the ghurka... a much meaner and multi functional blade, designed to remove heads in one swipe... hehe

This machete has an uncanny similar design to the ones that the military used in the military back during Vietnam and the metal is heavy duty forged no way like sheetmetal blades that can break easily. What you need is a blade that can do the job of no matter what the condition or situation, if it can't then their's trouble. But say what you want about my Machete I like it and I know it can handle any job I put it threw. Thanks for the comment's about the gear so far guys including my machete, I plan on putting it on my armor in a place after I get the back plates on, if my plan works wish me luck 405th.

if you're goning to go trucking about in public... a real blade may not be the best idea, perhaps a prop?

I would have to agree, weapon+public=county booking

a prop would also make it a lot easier to get that in-game authenticity, which I'll bet everyone here is going for, this article at Halopedia might help you out in a more accurate prop: Combat knife

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been some time but so far I finally cutted out my back and chest plates for my ODST armor I'm designing from the art of halo 3 book. Instead of pepakera to make the armor I'm using .100 High Impact Styrene plastic it's easy to drill, thread, saw, punch, machine,and has exellent forming properties even though it's used for molds, prototypes, signs, displays, enclosures and among other things. I plan on fiberglassing oneside and the otherside to stregthen it but I need a little help. I'm not sure what bondo is, what it does and I'm not sure what I should use it for. If I need to use bondo, then should I use it before or after fiberglassing this could help me out for my armor reenforcement.

[attachment=14313:DSC00010.JPG] Sorry it took so long on an update on my armor but I decided not to add fibberglass or bondo on my front and back armor plates right now. For the time being I plan on to work on attaching them to my molar vest, I'll give you an update later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back