my project

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ive got an update!!! and im chuffed!! :hyper: it has taken me just over a week to get the supplies....and im finaly going to start on my actual helmet!

as you can remember i tried making 1 on pep but it tirned out almost 2wiche ths size of my head! well now im going to start, ive leart how to scale it aswel so itl be the right size now.

i have, fiberglass, card, epoxy resin, a sheet visor, expanding foam, and primer.

special thanx to:::: link,frizzle fry, sean, and mr darth watsathingy or aka mc with a beard :hyper: and every1 else who gave me support and ideas/help. OH AND THANX TO WHOEVER KEEPS PM'ING ME

and keep looking expect an update soon!!!!! :dee:

problem.... ive finnished building the helmet however...on the botom theres not enough room to fi it on my head! its the right size itl fit my head but theres only enough room at the bottom for my neck so how do i get it on?

Doom said:
Very carefully? and with great skill?

bbq?

-Doom

wtf? lmaoo! he doom ur a lil whizz cn u help me the helmet fits and all but theres like a block an the bottom of the helmet and thats whats i cant get my head through

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you better get cutting. You can take the measured circumferance of your head and make sure the hole matches it, or you can wing it.

Or Doom's suggestion works too. ;-)

ive got it! it fits like a glove! ive filled it full of expanding foam gave it primer(thats why its red) ive been sanding it now i have to get bondo to make it smooth, then i have to sand it more and then its ready to paint green and put the visor in. :p here are some progres pics

pepakura magbificento'!

red vs. red?

wut! woot! sexy

in the secont pics the helmet looks messy.... but dont worry! im gettin bondo and im gonna smooth everything out ;-)

can some one select a colour on photoshop for me please. like paint a whole page green, and post it as a pic. i need a green that is similar to the mc's colour. because last time i messed the colour up. *cough* see my avatar. i need like a freen/olive colour flike from halo 3

You know, I gotta be honest. The more and more that I look at my helmet, yours, and others, the more that the little "single" pieces of paper that get glued on (usually a small triangle or rectangle), are usually the sore spots on the helmet.

I think I'm going to have to work to try to eliminate those.

Frizzlefry said:
You know, I gotta be honest. The more and more that I look at my helmet, yours, and others, the more that the little "single" pieces of paper that get glued on (usually a small triangle or rectangle), are usually the sore spots on the helmet.

I think I'm going to have to work to try to eliminate those.

so is that my bad or yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
No ones bad, just a general statement. I see that a lot of people are just completely ecstatic about Pepakura, but overall I think we can make it better.

I know what you mean Frizz. The Helmet for the H1 MC is a lot more like a terrible jigsaw puzzle than a folding project.

How do you think those problems could be fixed? Maybe use the corresponding face check option and forcefully attach the triangles to the adjoining folded pieces?

halo_3_1.jpg

Color of in-game model with light and shadow on it.

This is an older pic though. Anybody got a good shot from the beta?

No more like these, third is probably most accurate. I pulled these from one of the trailer screenshots.

mc_color.jpg

To get it to look closer to what the metallic color appears to be, it should be more of an olive or tan.

i have bondod my armour and it is smooth. and i have painted it with a basecoat of green. tomorrow(i have bought mettalic 2 colour green) im going to spray the helmet to give it its final colour. can anyone post some tips on battle damage? and when i touch the dried pain to my armour it falls off, why is that? but il get you some progress pics tomorrow ;-)

Battle Damage is a very, very cool effect if done correctly and with style.
Here's some tips.
-Less is more
-Look at the MC's armor, you can see places where there is battle damage.
-Some damage includes: bullet marks, plasma scorches, chipped paint, cracked pieces, etc...

here are some progress pics ;-) i hope you like them; the helmet has been sucessfully bondo'd and i have given the helmet a base coat of paint and a 2 colour tone of green.

can anyone post some painting tutorials for battle damage?

:mrgreen: hope you like it :mrgreen:
(and i have to get a job :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back