My Recon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolutionz

Im done with the pep, going to put the glass in... resin after, followed by bondo, keep you all updated[attachment=10119:062409_1117_00_.jpg]

Great pep work! I say that you should do the resin before the fiberglass. Tat way you don't have to worry about warping and all that jazz. I fiberglassed a cod before i resined it, and it ended up in the trash

I will keep that in mind, I was told fiber first, but I hear alot of things, wrong and right...

I have a backup one half done in pep stage, JIC...

Photos after, promise... and if anyone is curious, color scheme will be red/black

Evolution said:
I will keep that in mind, I was told fiber first, but I hear alot of things, wrong and right...
I have a backup one half done in pep stage, JIC...
Photos after, promise... and if anyone is curious, color scheme will be red/black

Nice! That's gonna look awesome! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im glad everyone is excited to see it complete, I do my last resin layer tomorrow and hopefully start fiber stage...

Ill update for you guys tomorrow

[attachment=10152:6WEP7GEQ4-K01S444PP-XDC83ZVSV-97L352CWV-JF7EV9ENV-EZRR6KGM7.htm]

I dont like how you have to click on my picture, thats silly...

nyways, fiber in there mostly... update again soon, feel free to ask anything...

Not bad for a first project?

Okay gents and ladies...

the fiber is drying now, completely done, after, I will completely decimate with pictures, Ill give you all kinds of angles...

then later Ill start bondo

evo

Im waiting for this thing to dry, its still sorta wet, and I used extra hardener for guarantee...

any tips on making it harder faster?

Any tips about warping that I should know about just curious. This is my 6th time making Recon while attempting to make a almost not warped helmet. Oh and another thing about keeping the shape.......Can you give me tipps on that to mine doesn't keep the shape long.

Resin first, use resin on the outside first, make sure you are using 110 LB. paper also...

and use tape of some kind to pull it into what ever shape you want... when mine was resined, it still moved and was bendable, but the fiberglass has pretty much made the thing concretia

I would hate to have folded this baby 6 times, :(

also, if its not warped super duper, then just go to bondo, after all, its just the structure...

still waiting on mine to dry [fiber]

ridiculous gahh

blah blah, back to work

Edit: pictures in 10 =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back