My SB ODST Armor Finished, Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude that is AMAZING!!! I am trying to build a set of ODST armor using pepakura and I HIGHLY doubt it would turn out as good as yours. Just a quick question though. Is it possible to build, reinforce, and paint a chest piece and shoulders in less than 2 weeks?

Thanks for the kudos guys, but the base armor is from Sean B and he did the hardest part by 'creating' said armor. All I did was clean, fit, trim, strap, adjust, paint and put it all together.
mrmikeman, in answer to your question, you need to ask yourself this. Do you have, in that 2 weeks, to commit a 'safe' amount of time to build PROPERLY, reinforce [dry, bondo, and sand] and then properly paint it? Anything is doable in 2 weeks, just the end result might vary from each individual and 'quality' of work put into said build.
When I had to create work from scratch, sculpting it took quite a bit of time to get it accurate right. Followed by the molding, drying time, casting time...even weather played a role in the process. In the end, it all boils down to how accurate you wanna be and how 'clean' you want your finished work to look like.
OR, you could buy said parts from Sean B. ;)
That said, whatever you choose to do, good luck! And I look forward to your finished product.
Stay safe,
Tim.
http://www.405th.com/member.php/51989-mrmikeman

Fantastic! I'm curious, what did you use for the undersuit? it looks pretty comfy.

Thanks for the kudos! Okay, both the undersuits [the standard black and the film shoot Multicam] are from Crye Precision. The elbow and knee pads help to stiffen, prevent roll around and in a way, protect [knee] when worn with the gauntlets and knee/shin armor.

Hope that helps!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Apologies but just a little heads up. After 6 months, Sue/Calliopeia [Cortana] is finally back from New Zealand, and will begin post production of Pink Prancing Ponies real soon. Again, apologies on the tardiness...

Day3ODSTscastcrew2.jpg

Attachments

• Day3ODSTscastcrew2.jpg
    Day3ODSTscastcrew2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 113
This is too much...LOL! I was just informed that a kid calling himself Arbiter Ooi, from Loyang Secondary School, here in Singapore is claiming to own various HALO suits from this FORUM, including mine. For mine, he says Sean B sold him my suit for $159.00...LOL!

This is the kid...
40.jpg

Checkout his FB post...
51.jpg

54.jpg

Gotta love wannabe losers...Seriously, I don't care how old you are, but you act responsibly...and lying isn't one of em.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 120
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 129
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 123
Oh and Arbiter Ooi, when you read this, I'll be in my Armor [yes the very same you claim is yours] with the rest of The Devil's Own in Sep 2012 @ STGCC...I wanna see you at MBS in yours.

BTW...
IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 121
hey what did you use for the undersuit, because I'm planning my build right now and the only thing that has me stumped is that

Wow, the nerve of some people. I really don't understand how people can compulsively lie like that, and it's usually little nerdy kids too looking for attention. But thata way to show him up.

Dude fuc.........................................................................................................................................................k awesome, really absolutely amazing

Dude fuc.........................................................................................................................................................k awesome, really absolutely amazing

please don't necropost. it's been a year since the last post in this thread. also dont swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back