My Son's Noble Spartan - NOW COMPLETE - Pic Heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks damn good! Get the other done and let's see the complete master piece :)

Thanks a bunch DBmike! Keep scrolling. . . . LOL. Masterpiece??????? I don't know if this is my 9th symphony or not, but I'm doing the best I can with what I know . . . . LOL!

Amazing work with everything so far. As to further carpathia's magnet idea, the magnets in this pic are from Wal-Mart.

I found them in the craft section. I want to say they were three or four dollars a pack. They are what I used on my torso to hold the chest and back together. They aren't overly powerful but will give you enough strength I feel to hold the gun on his thigh without issue. Either way you go, it'll still be great. :D

Thank you, Vshore. And thanks for the magnet thing that you found at WalMart. When I get back by there I'll look for them. Problem with WalMart around us is that there are 5 of them within 25 miles and all carry different things. One of them pretty much did away with all their craft stuff. And wouldn't you know it. . . . that's the one I always go to. . . . LOL!!!!

Boot looks awesome. Very detailed already. The riser idea sound very cool too.

Appreciate that, Thorn.

yay boots!! look righteous man

Yep. . . . No more barefoot Spartan!!!!!!! LOL!

UPDATE!!!!!!!

OK! Boots. . . . . D-U-N. . . DONE!!!!!! LOL! I wanted to share a little something with y'all first though. . . . . . .

DSCF7363.jpg

Got a ball during batting practice at the game yesterday. . . . Yippee!!!!!!

Anyways. . . . I took some pics with and without the flash in case some of them are fuzzy. I wanted to not drown the paint out with the flash. So it may look like the same photo a couple times. :p Here's what they look like.

Without flash. . . . .
DSCF7391.jpg

With Flash. . . . .
DSCF7392.jpg

DSCF7387.jpg
DSCF7388.jpg
DSCF7402.jpg
DSCF7395.jpg
DSCF7394.jpg
DSCF7396.jpg
DSCF7398.jpg

Tomorrow when my son gets home from school, I think it's time for a full suit up so I can update the first page with a completed pic and to see if we need anything else adjusted for his growing. Barring any other size mods that may be needed, and figuring out a contraption for holding the magnum. . . . it seems that if I'm able to post tomorrow, that it will be my last post with any type of updates until he wears this thing on Halloween and I take pictures of him to put up on here. :(

Man. . . . over the last few months, I've been a busy beaver. . . . LOL! I started back in January lurking around this site and others looking for things, spending countless hours researching methods and other stuff, and I think I started pepping the first part in late April. It's been an experience and a lot of frustration and fun all at the same time. I hope y'all like the boots and please let me know what you think. As always. . . all suggestions and feedback are welcome. Thanks to everyone here on the 405th for the most superb assistance, guidance, encouragement and reference material available for someone like me that was just starting off in something like this. Also, thanks again to everyone (lurkers included, because I use to be one too) that has followed me around during this. It means a lot. Until next time. . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work with everything so far. As to further carpathia's magnet idea, the magnets in this pic are from Wal-Mart.
CQBpics042.jpg

I found them in the craft section. I want to say they were three or four dollars a pack. They are what I used on my torso to hold the chest and back together. They aren't overly powerful but will give you enough strength I feel to hold the gun on his thigh without issue. Either way you go, it'll still be great. :D

How did you attacched those buttons to the armour? By glue?

no more posts??..... :-( say it aint so man, say it aint so! lol Well its awesome that you got so much done in such a short time. And it looks fantastic, caint wait to see a full shot of your son. Make him do different poses though lol. :)

no more posts??..... :-( say it aint so man, say it aint so! lol Well its awesome that you got so much done in such a short time. And it looks fantastic, caint wait to see a full shot of your son. Make him do different poses though lol. :)

Thanks, Mstrucmgc. Definitely seems like it wasn't very long ago I started. We'll get a couple updates before Halloween for minor stuff I'm sure. . . LOL!

Boot's look great.

Thank you, Sir! I appreciate it.

All done huh? Kinda bittersweet. Well be sure to post Halloween pictures!

Yeppers! Bittersweet it is. Got some photos now and will have one or two more updates with minor fixes. I will definitely get some Halloween pics up once it's done and over with.

Finished Photos Update

Got him all suited up and ready to go after the Covenant today after school. I need more drop cloth for a proper back round, so I may get some more up later on. LOL! And I apologize for any fuzzy photos. When the lights were on, I tried not to use the flash.

DSCF7428.jpg
DSCF7426.jpg
DSCF7406.jpg
DSCF7409.jpg
DSCF7407.jpg
DSCF7420.jpg
DSCF7418.jpg
DSCF7412.jpg
DSCF7413.jpg
DSCF7415.jpg

And when there's not a Covenant Elite to get after, I guess there is always the Flood infected dog. . . . . LOL!!!!!!!

DSCF7423.jpg
DSCF7422.jpg
DSCF7421.jpg

Photos may not be the best, but it's in the 90's today and was trying to get him out of the suit as quickly as I could, because I know he was getting warm even though he wanted to run around in it some more. At least he enjoys it and that was the whole point in making it. Everything seems to fit fine for now and no adjustments are needed for the fit currently. When we get more photos, I'll be sure to get more posted for y'all.

Have a couple of things that I want to button up and possibly improve (like the holster system), but I'm pretty much done and have a completed build behind me. Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :p

It's been an incredible journey working on this project for him and I've learned a lot. Even though this one is, for the most part, complete . . . . I have a build that I've been planning for myself in the works and a rough plan of attack. So, hopefully in the next month or so I will be able to start that. I don't have a particular deadline for that other than Halloween of next year, but I know that I would like to go to a few events in the armor if possible, and the World SciFi Convention is coming back to Texas next year and there is always the Comic Cons that they have in Dallas. I need to look for specific dates, but I'm thinking they are around September /October in 2013. Having so much time from now to then, my progress will most likely be slow and steady trying to achieve as much detail as possible. I invite all of y'all to stay tuned for that and to follow along when I'm able to start it. Since I want to start it as a WIP it may be a bit so I can get some stuff actually started to make a first post with. :cool

Thanks again to everyone that has followed along and helped me through this. Especially Thorn. When I first started out, you were the first build thread I really read through and it inspired me to do this and get through it. You also helped me with some files that I hadn't had any luck finding on my own. I really appreciate your help. To all of the 3D artists and people that unfold their files and a big thanks to the 405th community for having such a wealth of information available to Noobs so that we may be able to start and complete such a daunting task. Even if it isn't for ourselves. I really hope that y'all like how everything turned out and I look forward to your comments, feedback, suggestions and criticism about the product I've come up with. It is always welcome and that is how we get better.

Until Next Time . . . . . Keep Building and Make It FUN!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful, just beautiful. It's amazing that this was your first build, and it wasn't even a costume for you! This was an amazing build for anyone's standards, but as a first, this is amazing!

I'm sure that after this, you're going to move onto other projects (at least I hope so, you're work is just too amazing for you to stop now!)

I can't wait to see what you have for us next...

Wow! All I can say is WOW! It turned out great! I don't exactly remember when I first started following your build, but it's flawless, professional even. Your son must be the happiest and most fortunate Spartan around to have a dad like you! As for your comments of gratitude to the 405th, I must also return the sentiments, as you have inspired me as well to continue. I have about a dozen of your build pictures saved on my computer as references, and I pull them up often any time I need help in my build. And as soon as you start your next project, I'll be following it every step of the way.

amazing!!!! your son gonna the envy of all his friends on halloween!!!! great job the build looks amazing, just ashamed i just saw this build now.. THUMBSUP!!!!

Ok I red the whole thread from the beginning and I found everything I need to know to build the whole stuff and I don't really know an english therm to describe the awsomeness of the work you did. Of course I'm eager to see a complete adult suit made by you :)

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!! and yes i did all caps on purpose lol. The armor turned out fantastic man, i cant wait to see the halloween photos :)

It has been a blast following along with you while you do this build, and i am positive it will be a blast following you with any other projects you intend to do :)
Grats on the finished product, and if you have not already you need to post it in the finished armor thread. :)

It was an Honor to help, Sir. You're build looks awesome. You achieved an amount of detail in foam that most have a hard time doing, And this you're first Halo build. The latest pic's were great and show you're hard work paying off. You're son must really be one, Happy young man. :D

I look forward to seeing you're personal armor build for I know it will be one of the best up and coming to watch. :D

Congrats you are now a veteran builder here on the 405th. :cool

Beautiful, just beautiful. It's amazing that this was your first build, and it wasn't even a costume for you! This was an amazing build for anyone's standards, but as a first, this is amazing!

I'm sure that after this, you're going to move onto other projects (at least I hope so, you're work is just too amazing for you to stop now!)

I can't wait to see what you have for us next...

Thanks so much. I really appreciate that. I will definitely be moving on to another project and then perhaps another and another and another and another after that. LOL! All depends on what the wife lets me get away with and whether or not this is going to be an annual thing with my son. He's already talking about wanting to be Master Chief. . . LOL! Not really looking forward to that one. . . . :p

Wow! All I can say is WOW! It turned out great! I don't exactly remember when I first started following your build, but it's flawless, professional even. Your son must be the happiest and most fortunate Spartan around to have a dad like you! As for your comments of gratitude to the 405th, I must also return the sentiments, as you have inspired me as well to continue. I have about a dozen of your build pictures saved on my computer as references, and I pull them up often any time I need help in my build. And as soon as you start your next project, I'll be following it every step of the way.

I appreciate you saying that I've been able to inspire you. At least I now know that I've been able to repay the kindness that was once shown to me on this site then. Thanks so much for the compliments. If you ever do need any help during your build, let me know and if I can help, I'll definitely try to.

amazing!!!! your son gonna the envy of all his friends on halloween!!!! great job the build looks amazing, just ashamed i just saw this build now.. THUMBSUP!!!!

No worries, skull81. Better late than never. . . . LOL! Thanks a bunch for the kind words.

Ok I red the whole thread from the beginning and I found everything I need to know to build the whole stuff and I don't really know an english therm to describe the awsomeness of the work you did. Of course I'm eager to see a complete adult suit made by you :)

Thanks, elettrozero. Where you hailing from exactly? Hoping to start a build for me soon. Stay tuned. . . . :p

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!! and yes i did all caps on purpose lol. The armor turned out fantastic man, i cant wait to see the halloween photos :)

It has been a blast following along with you while you do this build, and i am positive it will be a blast following you with any other projects you intend to do :)
Grats on the finished product, and if you have not already you need to post it in the finished armor thread. :)

Much oblidged!!!! I haven't put it in the finished armor thread yet. I'll try to get around to that one in the next day or two when I have some time. Thanks for reminding me about that one. I've think I've got to find it again. LOL! And oh yes. . . . . there will be more pics in the future once I find a good place to do them. Not just the Halloween ones. ;)

It was an Honor to help, Sir. You're build looks awesome. You achieved an amount of detail in foam that most have a hard time doing, And this you're first Halo build. The latest pic's were great and show you're hard work paying off. You're son must really be one, Happy young man. :D

I look forward to seeing you're personal armor build for I know it will be one of the best up and coming to watch. :D

Congrats you are now a veteran builder here on the 405th. :cool
You're too kind, Thorn. Thanks so much. He is very happy with it. He didn't want to take it off!!!! :) At least I get to enjoy him enjoying the fruits of my labors (if that makes any sense) a little bit before he outgrows it.

Hopefully I will be able to up the anti with my build and push myself to do different things that maybe I was a little afraid to try starting off on this build (like all HD pieces and stuff). I also appreciate you saying that I'm a vet builder, but I know I've much to learn in the ways of the 405th. . . . . :p LOL!!!!!!!! You definitely helped make this what it turned out to be along with one piece, one section, one part and one Spartan at a time. :cool

I'm not sure how I missed this....amazing work sir!! The pictures turned out great....the canine assassination was priceless. :)

-Matt

hey spartan. i know ive been gone for some time. your sons armor came out great. i like how you got the torso under armor to work in there. poor dog, lol.

Thanks, elettrozero. Where you hailing from exactly? Hoping to start a build for me soon. Stay tuned. . . . :p

I've been searching for the meaning of 'hailing' and sounds like you are referring to the drop of ODST pods....or maybe not. In case you where asking where I come from the answer (sadly) is italy.

I've been searching for the meaning of 'hailing' and sounds like you are referring to the drop of ODST pods....or maybe not. In case you where asking where I come from the answer (sadly) is italy.

Aaahhhhhh . . . . Italia! Meraviglioso! That's what I meant by hailing from. I liked it there when I was able to go there a long time ago, no reason to be sad about that. Everyone has to be somewhere. Why not Italia?

Aaahhhhhh . . . . Italia! Meraviglioso! That's what I meant by hailing from. I liked it there when I was able to go there a long time ago, no reason to be sad about that. Everyone has to be somewhere. Why not Italia?
20090811berlusconi_corna.jpg

This was last our head or ministries (aka prime minister) and probably our next, just for an example....averege italian are worst, would you like to trade? :D

I'm not sure how I missed this....amazing work sir!! The pictures turned out great....the canine assassination was priceless. :)

-Matt

Thank you a bunch from my son and myself. I miss things all the time trying to find stuff to look at stuff on the threads. But hey. . . . You found it. LOL! The whole K9 thing wasn't meant to be an assassination, but my dog decided he wanted his belly rubbed while my kiddo was holding that foam knife I made him. Once I took the photo, I realized that it looked that way. . . . :p Again, thanks.

hey spartan. i know ive been gone for some time. your sons armor came out great. i like how you got the torso under armor to work in there. poor dog, lol.

Wondering where you've been. Thought you forgot about us. . . LOL! Thanks a bunch for the compliments.

20090811berlusconi_corna.jpg

This was last our head or ministries (aka prime minister) and probably our next, just for an example....averege italian are worst, would you like to trade? :D

I don't like our current Commander in Chief either, but what do you do? LOL! Don't think I'll trade though. I kinda like it here. :p What that guy's doing in his photo is what the University of Texas Longhorns do for team spirit. . . . Hook 'em Horns. . . LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back