My suit [DONE!!] (Pics near bottom on pg 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that looks really good, I'm still making my pep, I have the helmet one foot one shoulder one shin and one forearm done lol

That is looking good! :)

I'm working on my helmet at the moment too (making it out of sheet styrene, layered over the Pepakura template), and aside from that I've only got a few pieces of the chest plate cut out. I plan on working on that part next once I'm done the helmet.

Keep up the good work. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's eager to see what you come up with... ;)

It's mentioned in the other thread, but I wanted to add it here to for anyone following my armor. I've started glazing my helmet! :D

im003605ed0.jpg

im003606ft4.jpg

im003607zp8.jpg

Hi, noob here :( and i have some questions to ask
um im test building my helmet with just normal A4papers and, im just using normal glue and glue gun(low temp gun) to build it.

but when i finish this and start building the actual one that im going to build,
what do i exactly use? do some superglue dissolve when use of resin?

would superglue, glue gun will be enough to put all pieces together?

sorry for bothering you guys :( your suit looks GREAT btw :p

Thanks! :)

Yes, Low-temp hot glue is perfect. That's what I used. After your done, use Fiberglass and Fiberglass resin to finish it up. Resin the outside, fiberglass the inside.

Sniper said:
Thanks! :)
Yes, Low-temp hot glue is perfect. That's what I used. After your done, use Fiberglass and Fiberglass resin to finish it up. Resin the outside, fiberglass the inside.

using just low temp glue would take alot of time D: i better get started soon xD
thnx for ur reply :D

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!!!::::

I've done a bit of work on the helmet again. I have to say, the metal glaze is VERY VERY nice. Props to Spase for the idea. I love it. Pics of the helmet. I've glazed a bit more, and sanded down to see what it would look like. Man.. it's NICE!

im003608ub5.jpg

im003609sp2.jpg

im003610wb4.jpg

im003611rp0.jpg

im003612wd0.jpg

im003613qj8.jpg

im003614oz0.jpg

It goes on like... well.. putty. It's a little thicker than molasses, and doesn't really run all that much. It's just the craters and holes that are annoying. Oh yeah, 60grit sandpaper is your friend :)

I'm actually 6'7, so the helmet is scaled to fit 7ft. It's scaled PERFECT for me.

Just kidding :)

I scaled my armor to match 6ft (which is i think 71inches), then made it a size larger, so 72 inches. The helmet is scaled to 74inches (i think) because of the head to body ratio

Yes, it uses a hardener as well. Beware the instructions though. You actually you half of what it says, or even less than that. It's OK to work with, but it's still a friggin PAIN. Lots and lots of sanding. You basically sand the helmet all over 1st, then glaze small areas, sand them, sand another small area, sand it AND the last one to match, etc. That's how I've been doing it anyways. I put more primer on after working with it a lot today. It's looking much better already. I'd say I am around 95% done overall on it. Just a couple of areas to glaze (bottom part) and sand, then prime again, and touch it up. I will hopefully finish it by tonight and have good pictures. If not, it WILL BE DONE tomorrow for 100% sure.

Oh yeah, more pics too biggrin.gif

im003615mv3.jpg

im003616nh4.jpg

im003617ei5.jpg

im003618lq2.jpg

Remember, tips, constructive criticism, praises, whatever, is welcome here. I need all I can get to finish this biggrin.gif

Are you gonna sand the top into seperate surfaces like this
222042.jpg

or leave it 1 smooth surface ( i think it could look great either way) just wonderin

My helmet was the other version. It didn't have those grooves in it, so it's going to stay smooth. I will make the other armor pieces as well, though. This is just my 1st one. I plan to make another when I am done with this one. :)

On another note, more pictures. These don't do the justice of it, because I took it with my brand new camera. Some of those "bumps" are actually just a different color, when it's really actually smooth. Final sanding tomorrow.. should take about 30mins. Then I will work on sanding my other pieces of armor to get them semi-ready for Halo-ween. Monday I plan on doing whatever isn't finished, and Tues when I get out of class, I will do all the padding and LED lights. Whatever I don't finish will go into Wed morning. That afternoon is party time :D

135_0155.JPG

135_0156.JPG

135_0157.JPG

135_0158.JPG

135_0159.JPG

135_0160.JPG

Sorry for the double post, but I got the friggin ANNOYING VISOR IN!!! >.<
Hardest part of the entire armor, if you ask me. My helmet is pretty much done, except for the vents and LEDs. I'll do those after Halo-ween. Just needs a bit more sanding and then to be painted. :)
im003625sx7.jpg

I got my final pieces resined and ready to fiberglass. Getting up at 6am to fiberglass them, then going back to sleep for a few hours for them to dry. Then I get to final sand everything, prime it, run to the store while it's drying, get my paint, and come back and paint it my MC green. I should be done around 2-3pm. I go out in it at 4:30 with some good friends of mine. Just in time. :) I plan on stopping by EB games as well, just to see what they say. The chest/back piece is a weeee bit too small, but it will work for tomorrow. Wish me luck!!! :)

Sniper said:
It goes on like... well.. putty. It's a little thicker than molasses, and doesn't really run all that much. It's just the craters and holes that are annoying. Oh yeah, 60grit sandpaper is your friend :)

So this metal glaze also leaves pits then. I don't really see the difference between this and simple Bondo then (as I assumed that glaze wouldn't leave pits).

Last edited by a moderator:
It does, but not too much. I didn't use it correctly (building it up). I will with my next project though. If built up, I can see where it would be pretty smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back