My Torso Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so now i'm in class literally drooling over how cool and easy this looks! I was wondering though would it be just as easy to use cardboard instead of cardstock, because it is a bit tougher to fold. And are there any pics of anyone wearing this armor?

If you use cardboard you will have to print out the pattern, copy it onto the cardboard (or tape it) and then bend it appropriately. You would want to cut off all of the tabs, though, because they would be too thick to have the tabs glued or taped to the back of the cardboard successfully.

WanderingRon1n said:
i figured that out that hard way because i use sheets of cardboard. i finished the helmet. and left bicep.

I've been wanting to make a helmet for a long time and then I see this and just go crazy with excitment, but anyways could you post some pics of your helmet to futher help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
there is an option in pepakura to not print the tabs at all.
but if i used card board id cut half way threw the tabs so you remove the coragated bit in the midle and 1 side and just use the back bit of the cardboard as the tab

Yeah, actually that sounds like a really good idea, because then you can still use tabs which overall make it more sturdy.

Not really any progress. Just been too busy. Here's the Completed chest when worn.

MC-Front.jpg

MC-Backpack.jpg

it looks good definitely looks like the chest piece. now when you made that did you edit the scale. because when i made mine it was too small for me.

You didn't edit the scale when it was too small for you? How about not changing the printer to landscape and perhaps it auto-adjusted.

I only ask because you mentioned that you were not a very big guy, and placed together as JediFraz saved it, this thing is pretty big on me.

ill try landscape that might work. ill be done with my chest by next Monday i have finals this week so i cant really do it now. but once summer starts woo time to go all out.

If it helps at all... Im 5'7" with a 46" Chest and the Chest/Groin/Bicep seem to fit me fine with the default scaling...

JediFraz said:
Not really any progress. Just been too busy. Here's the Completed chest when worn.

MC-Front.jpg

MC-Backpack.jpg

This looks fantastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back