My Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerT26

Jr Member
made this two nights ago me and my friends are makin a halo video and we needed some guns and stuff so i have made this its nof finshed i still got to add some more stuff and once we make r video i will post it but u can watch some of r other videos at www.youtube.com/backyardparty088 .. well to much talk so her r the pics
2009.jpg
full gun
2010.jpg
sheild
2011.jpg
body
2012.jpg
handle(sucks i kno imma remake it)
2013.jpg
the money shot

Put some details on the main body, it looks very empty. You might want to also use something other than glue gun. Other wise, Nice job!

you should resin the cardboard, then put some fiberglass on it then sand so it gets smooth, then of course paint it.
I kinda wanna make something like this, but not with cardboad.

@Graverobber & Socket .... yea i was gunna add somemore detail like ammo and stuff
yea i kno i should u se some thing else other than hot glue but hey it pleases me

@ RadioactiV777... yea i originaly was gunna make the whole thing out of pvc (main body, barrel) but my mom yelled at me cuz' i wanted too much but hey i get paid this weekend mayby ill make a new one

yea i originaly was gunna make the whole thing out of pvc (main body, barrel) but my mom yelled at me cuz' i wanted too much but hey i get paid this weekend mayby ill make a new one

Now that's a good idea! I think pvc would be very practical for most of the parts of the gun, including, but not limited to, the barrels, body, and handle. It would be helluva durable as well as very paintable. This could turn out really nice man! Keep up the good work! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad at all :D Yeah, it'd look better with all the body detailing on it, and maybe with fiberglass/possibly bondo? (That'd be heavy as hell, though)

RadioactiV777 said:
you should resin the cardboard, then put some fiberglass on it then sand so it gets smooth, then of course paint it.
I kinda wanna make something like this, but not with cardboad.
Resin+Cardboard=Some really soggy carp.
You should use that as a reference and make a wooden model.

nice job ^^
i have a side project going right now of a turret that hopefully will have a spinnign barrel
for referance it is slightly longer than the Sniper Rifle is, i think its about 4ish inches longer and the barrel of the
turret starts right around wear the barrel of the sniper rifle starts it does though *for proportioning* looks like the back of it needs to be extended a bit other than that good job ^^ i dont know about cardboard and fiberglass i know FoamBoard holds very well for it thats what i used on mine

baddog9000 said:
Resin+Cardboard=Some really soggy carp.
You should use that as a reference and make a wooden model.
Carp? That's a fish...joking lol.

WOOD FTW!!! I'm making a wood/metal/PVC turret right now. I got metal vent tubing at home depot for the main body. lol. I'm also using a screw driver to power the spinning barrels...
Hehe, mgs ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back