My Very First Pep Work WIP (Recon Armor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chood1994

Hey all,

about 2 days ago I started on my very first pepakura work. All I have done so far is pepping the helmet, and I don't really think it's all that great, but everyone has to start somewhere right? Here are some pics:

P1020111.jpg

P1020112.jpg

P1020113.jpg

P1020114.jpg

It is a pretty tight fit getting it on my head due to the neck hole thing, but once I get past that it fits good. Tomorrow I plan on starting the resin/fiberglass stage, I hope it turns out good. After doing all that, can someone tell me what to do next? I think you are supposed to bondo it up if needed, and sand it so it's smooth. I don't really have a good idea of how to use bondo because I will probably just leave any small bumps or imperefections as "battle scars", but then I need to sand out all the corners so it doesn't look so blocky right? Then you finally paint it and stuff. That's all I have for now and I plan on doing the rest of the armor using Reach files, so I hope I can get that worked out also. Thanks for looking, and constructive critisism is welcome! I know there is alot wrong with it so don't hold back!

nice clean pep. Its going to look great!
One suggestion is that you score your folds with the back side of an exacto knife. It makes it look overall a lot smoother and the folds are crisper.

please, please use the back side of an exacto knife or a ruler to make the folds... its looks a bit strange how the lines are

Looking good :D.
Like the others have said, use a ruler or back of an exacto knife to score, since your lines are pretty wobbly and they are supposed to be straight. :p

Thanks for the replies everyone, I will be sure to use that exacto knife method on my other pep work. And as an update, I have some good and bad news. The bad news is that I found out somebody stole the hardener from my resin container, so that will have to wait a few more days until I make another run to the store. The good news is I have more time now to work on the rest of the pep! I started the chest piece a few hours ago and this is what I have so far:

P1020119.jpg

P1020120.jpg

As you can see I only have the back built, but I will hopefully finish that up today and I'll post pics of the finished product. Thanks again for the interest guys! The 405th is awesome!

when you get to the cod, try to do something other than fiberglass. you dont want to sit on hard fiberglass.

Well to be honost I am not planning on sitting with this suit on at all. I am only making this basically for: 1. The release of Halo: Reach, 2. Halloween, and 3. Just for the heck of it. I am only 16 so I'm not going to any conventions anytime soon, because my parents are not into that stuff and definitey wouldn't take me to one. So I think I can make it work with fiberglass :)

I dont know if its just me, but the recon helmet looks too big. Most people ended up cutting out the isor flaps that went inside so that the helmet looked proportionate.

Alrighty people sorry for the delay, I have been busy with friends and summer reading and stuff. But I finally finished the chest piece after 3 days I think. Here are some pics:

P1020125.jpg

P1020127.jpg

Like the helmet, it is pretty tight getting it on my head, but after that it fits good. I don't really know how it supposed to look while wearing it, so can someone tell me if the size is right for me? Thanks for that in advance. Also, Gallard, what did you mean about cutting out a flap in the helmet? I didn't really understand what you're talking about. Well that's it for now people, I will work on the shoulders next, so check back in a few days for more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back