My Wip Robocop Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awsome, never thought of pep'ing a robot cop, Definately would make an addition to the pep files! I wish you luck and so far it looks great, you have done an amazing job

This is awsome, never thought of pep'ing a robot cop, Definately would make an addition to the pep files! I wish you luck and so far it looks great, you have done an amazing job

Thanks! But remember, he's not a robot! He's part man and part machine! All cop, though. :p

I have every intention of building this myself once I'm done. As a matter of fact, if my import problem hadn't dropped me so far behind schedule, I would have waited until I had reached the fiberglassing stage on my own build before publicly releasing the files, just to make sure that everything worked as intended.

I'll have a few pics of my pepped helmet in the next couple of days.

And the arms are right on schedule!

I have every intention of building this myself once I'm done. As a matter of fact, if my import problem hadn't dropped me so far behind schedule, I would have waited until I had reached the fiberglassing stage on my own build before publicly releasing the files, just to make sure that everything worked as intended.

I'll have a few pics of my pepped helmet in the next couple of days.

And the arms are right on schedule!

I hope to see some progress pics soon! im going crazy on this side of the screen lol

Still building the helmet, but thought I'd get some critiques on the arms. Please ignore the placeholder gauntlets. While the basic forms are there, they're definitely not ready for unfolding.

I need to clean up the cuff and add the vent on the inside edge, but aside from adding a lip to the openings on the upper arm, I think this is complete. Anyone see anything amiss? I really don't want to publish something inaccurate.

arm1w.jpg

arm2.jpg

arm3j.jpg

Some reference shots:

shot0363.jpg

shot0474.jpg

shot0477.jpg

shot0303.jpg

....... *faints* DUDE!!! I looked all over the internet for like a month looking to see if anybody made a RoboCop pep!!! This would be... insane!!!!! I'm stoked to see these models and your progress!!

I've got the upper arm finished, and I'm finishing up the lower arm cuff. I've also decided to make the outside elbow joint cover a permanent piece (the inside elbow joint cover needs to remain a floating piece for movement) since Pep means that the arms can be sized to anyone, and won't interfere with proper fitting.

I'll eventually release a RoboCop 1 version, with a separate outside elbow cover, but right now I'm concentrating on the RoboCop 2 version. So many lessons were learned on the first film, making the second suit technically superior is almost every way.

Final arms. Vent added to lower arm cuff, center split on upper arm cleaned up a bit, edge lips added. The outside elbow joint cover has been cleaned up as well, while the inside elbow cover has had a few polys removed for ease of build.

The only thing left for me to do is add a ledge on the inside of the lower arm cuff for the lower half of the outside elbow cover to join to, and that's simply a matter of cutting and pasting.

Please, if you see anything off, tell me!

finalarm.jpg

pair1.jpg

pair2.jpg

pair3.jpg

pair4.jpg

armblow.jpg

Blowup view. The black cuff ring is a separate piece to help during the bondo stage. On the original suit this piece was actually an acrylic ring, and one of the only pieces of the suit (along with the shoulder rings, pistons, and internal joints/hinges/bolts) to really be a machined piece. The rest is a bizarre mixture of sculpted mechanical and organic curves, which is a major pain to try and reproduce.

armblow2.jpg

Better view of the outside elbow cover. The intention is for this piece to be permanently attached to/act as the joint between the upper and lower arm. The actual elbow joint on the RoboCop suit is about an inch away from where it's sculpted. All part of the magic of hiding the man inside. And, strangely enough, the elbow joint was slightly skewed, turning the forearm across the chest when the elbow was turned. This not only allowed Robo to more easily grasp objects in front of him, but also enabled him to have more natural looking arm movement while walking.

Thank you! I should start unfolding the arms tomorrow... they might be up by the 30th, but I can't promise that. A friend of mine may be sequestering me in anticipation of New Year's. So, expect them sometime before Jan. 2 is all I can really say. :D

It'll be nice to have this part done. The midsection should be a breeze in comparison!

Encountered a few problems with the arms, been sorting them out. Mostly changes to the shoulder's curvature, and bringing the triangular supports closer together. Those few changes required a lot of the surrounding geometry to be modified.

Anyway, thought I'd throw up a quick render to give a better sense of how far I've progressed since starting this project.

badassp.png

Looking forward to seeing this 1 done. might be in my list of thing to do later. Looks really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back