Name that Armor........ It's the ARGUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dirt I think we’re stumped. I don’t see you doing just a one off multiplayer armor build. So I’m guessing it’s got to at least be based on a character

Last edited:
OPTIMUS PRIME!

ohhhhhh so close Sean Anwalt......not really...... Bzzzzzz!!!!

Centurion, Hermes, or Argus

Sorry MasterChief7117 got to buzz you....Bzzzzzzzz......one answer per contestant. Despite correctly guessing the armor.....you still loose.

The Argus is the next project......

H5G_Render_Linda-FullBody.png

I know it's Linda.......which I am most certainly not.........but I'm doing the RvB route and going w/ Jax Jones

Jax_Jonez.png

The oddball cameraman from RvB Season 15. Same armor but I'll be going w/ a different paint scheme. Not sure if I'll do JJ's......it just seams too soft of a color. And you will notice that the knee joint area is super wide!!! So I think I got it right. Good God.....what have I gotten myself into?

Weekend update:

Shins are done........A bit wokco on the bottom of one of them....but I hope to fix that during the hardening phase.

IMG_0051.jpg
IMG_0052.jpg

I can't tell yet if I need to pull the top a bit closer when I harden the whole thing. But so far it looks good.

Hey Dirt,

Wow! This is going to be awesome!!! I seriously can't wait to see the rest of your journey with this I'm so excited to see something different and new out in the comic con world!!! :cry::cry::cry: No actually it's going to be EPIC!!! :):):)
Great job, take your time and I'm sure it will be everything you want it to be. Seriously if I took more time out on mine it probably wouldn't have shrunk in the forearms so bad but oh well.

Keep us all informed!!! Watching new builds come together is fantastic. It just shows that creativity never ends!

Hey Dirt,

Wow! This is going to be awesome!!! I seriously can't wait to see the rest of your journey with this I'm so excited to see something different and new out in the comic con world!!! :cry::cry::cry: No actually it's going to be EPIC!!! :):):)
Great job, take your time and I'm sure it will be everything you want it to be. Seriously if I took more time out on mine it probably wouldn't have shrunk in the forearms so bad but oh well.

Keep us all informed!!! Watching new builds come together is fantastic. It just shows that creativity never ends!

If it comes out 1/2 as good as your armor did, I'll be happy. I'm actually in the middle of 4 separate builds ( Redo of an ODSK,, an Emile and Tenya Iida Ingenium) so taking my time is the only time I have available. Epic......That would be nice. And just remember, while creativity never dies, insanity lives FOREVER!!!!!:confused::):(:p:cool:o_O:devil:(y):cautious::sick::ninja::lol::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hey don't sell yourself short!;) I think it will be super and just as you say it will never die when you have people out there like the lot of us. Here's a perfect example of how I decided to start my build.

*Went the store and bought Master Chief action figure from H3. Opened it up looked at it and said, "Damn I want to make this a reality." So just leave the little crazy person in the corner alone with all the building materials and a computer. Well look what popped out!!* :p:p:D:D:D(y)*

But hey my build look ALL my time for almost an entire year. That kinda sucked but hey you can do anything you put your mind to!

Hey don't sell yourself short!;) I think it will be super and just as you say it will never die when you have people out there like the lot of us. Here's a perfect example of how I decided to start my build.

*Went the store and bought Master Chief action figure from H3. Opened it up looked at it and said, "Damn I want to make this a reality." So just leave the little crazy person in the corner alone with all the building materials and a computer. Well look what popped out!!* :p:p:D:D:D(y)*

But hey my build look ALL my time for almost an entire year. That kinda sucked but hey you can do anything you put your mind to!

OOOhhhhhh, I like the way you think......Like a crazy little person!!!! I'm a big crazy person........:D......love the corner.....he he he he......:confused::confused:..safe place......he he he he..........I think it's time to rest now..........:sleep:

Ok a mid week update:

I got 1 of the boots done.

IMG_0206.jpg

So the plan for these are to pin it down to some foamboard to keep the bottom completely flat till they harden. They are a bit wobbly. Once hardened and fiber-glassed, I need to fill in the inside a bit to make anchor points to attache to my shoes. I'll also be using the same technique from my Centurion build and use craft foam to fill in the gaps on the sides between the front and back pieces. As for the base, I think 1-2 layers of foam to give me some extra height. Has anyone done this before: Attaching foam to fiberglass.? Not sure if this will work or even stay attached. I was contemplating using that shoe goo for this portion of the build. The only thing I could think of but since I have never used the stuff, I have no idea if it has any flex to use on the sole of my shoes.

Now, I have also contemplated how to attach those extra pieces onto the shins. I'm going to use a technique that PerniciousDuke used for some small parts for my helmet. I'm going to fill in the inside w/ bondo and insert a bolt inside the bondo. Drill a hole and then bold it in to the shin. To keep it clean and neat, I'll shave down any excess after attached. They'll be far enough away from my leg to begin with to prevent harm....but why take a chance. Now if this works....which I think it will, ......I'll be using this technique to some degree to attach the 4 separate pieces of the top of the shoe to the base. I hope that this doesn't create a structural weak point. I also just need to make sure that the pieces match up after hardening......because right now, they kind of.....don't? A bit.....?

Nice kicks! Think your foam board will do the trick, unless ya know resin seeps onto it, then maybe....nah you should be peachy

Resin will stick to it but I don't plan on slathering on so much that it glues the piece to the board permanently.

Understood, as am I.....well....I dabble actually. I'm prepared to do a more detailed and exhausting method for this build. Not to say that other people's foam build has less detail........I'm just looking to broaden my experience and techniques.

Wow........its been a long ass time since my last build update.....I've been so busy w/ my kids builds (which I will update later) and real life that I've only put a few hours a week into my own build.....but progress is still progress!!!!!

IMG_0479.jpg

I've got boots now......both of them!!!! Yay team slowpoke!!!! I'm hoping that by the time I get finished w/ my thighs (Next pieces)...I'll have my new 3D printer!!!!! And then start printing out my sniper rifle. That would take a world of pressure off of me because I am really dreading the building of the Argus helmet......and I'm thinking of doing it in 3D....... The test piece will be the prop first.

I'm also hoping that with my new PROMOTION, I'll have less stress at work, and a bit more $$$ in my wallet....that my wife will promptly take out of my wallet......happy wife, happy life......just leave me some for the next Cons ticket price please.

Wow........its been a long ass time since my last build update.....I've been so busy w/ my kids builds (which I will update later) and real life that I've only put a few hours a week into my own build.....but progress is still progress!!!!!

View attachment 279890

I've got boots now......both of them!!!! Yay team slowpoke!!!! I'm hoping that by the time I get finished w/ my thighs (Next pieces)...I'll have my new 3D printer!!!!! And then start printing out my sniper rifle. That would take a world of pressure off of me because I am really dreading the building of the Argus helmet......and I'm thinking of doing it in 3D....... The test piece will be the prop first.

I'm also hoping that with my new PROMOTION, I'll have less stress at work, and a bit more $$$ in my wallet....that my wife will promptly take out of my wallet......happy wife, happy life......just leave me some for the next Cons ticket price please.
Well, someone is getting all fancy with a 3D printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back