Need Ammo Counter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys im trying to figure out where i could get a "blue" ammo counter; (for my assualt rifle).
so far i have only found red and green number counters...
so if any of you know where i could get one could you please post the answer here.
(i want it to be as bright as possible).

-Thank you!

There are two ways you can get about doing this.
1.Use those name badges that have scrolling letters/numbers and just program 32 in highest lum setting.
2.Make the paper template for the ammo counter and simply put a LED blue behind it, make sure to make everything but the numbers the X and the bullet symbol black so the blue dosnt go through it.

Or I suppose you can make a counter yourself, but thats a bit more for the technological savy like myself that have the parts or time, and I dont reccomend it since it isnt really worth it. But if you want to make it amazing, find someone to do it for you.

Thats all I can say.

CemreTas said:
There are two ways you can get about doing this.
1.Use those name badges that have scrolling letters/numbers and just program 32 in highest lum setting.
2.Make the paper template for the ammo counter and simply put a LED blue behind it, make sure to make everything but the numbers the X and the bullet symbol black so the blue dosnt go through it.

Or I suppose you can make a counter yourself, but thats a bit more for the technological savy like myself that have the parts or time, and I dont reccomend it since it isnt really worth it. But if you want to make it amazing, find someone to do it for you.

Thats all I can say.

I can do the electonical installation my self im studying it... its easy.

The problem is i cannot find the number countdown part which would have the blue colour. (sorry i just cant figure out the word for that).

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want it to actually count down I think Link makes some. Not sure though. But if you just want it to say 32 or 60 just stencil on the numbers then cut them out. Then you would put a blue LED behind the number and it should work.

Reilly said:
If you want it to actually count down I think Link makes some. Not sure though. But if you just want it to say 32 or 60 just stencil on the numbers then cut them out. Then you would put a blue LED behind the number and it should work.

The problem is i just want the part which can show 2 digits. i can set the numbers going down when you press the trigger, no problem.

I alswo thought of adding 2 50 watt speakers inside to make that nice blasting sound!

I'm no electrition but isn't 2 50 watt speakers alot because my bass amp is 30 watts and its pretty big.

Reilly said:
I'm no electrition but isn't 2 50 watt speakers alot because my bass amp is 30 watts and its pretty big.

LMAO!!!! 30 watss i laugh at you sooooooooooooooooo much!!! your kidding right?!

A normal subwoofer (Bass) is usually around 80-120 watts and i have a 600 watt subwoofer for my home cinema. (and 5, 400 watt sattelites.)

and a actual gunfire sound from a rifle would be around 200 watts.

And a 30 watt speaker is only 2" in diameter

LMAO!!!! 30 watss i laugh at you sooooooooooooooooo much!!! your kidding right?!

A normal subwoofer (Bass) is usually around 80-120 watts and i have a 600 watt subwoofer for my home cinema. (and 5, 400 watt sattelites.)

and a actual gunfire sound from a rifle would be around 200 watts.

And a 30 watt speaker is only around 2 inches big.

Sorry, I meant to say BASS GUITAR AMP.

you will need more then speakers , like an amplifier and some audio source for your "bang" , or just audio source and speakers if source is strong enough to give you the volume your looking for

armygetin said:
you will need more then speakers , like an amplifier and some audio source for your "bang" , or just audio source and speakers if source is strong enough to give you the volume your looking for

I have actually setup the speakers already, i could install them right away... the problem just is... i dont really want to cut my AR half at this point...

Actually, wattage has very little to do with volume. Speaker effeciency is the primary governer of perceived loudness relative to the available power. A 3db (decibel) output increase requires the doubling of amplifier power - if a given speaker has an effeciency of 89db 1w/m then it will output 91 db of sound (at the test frequency) at 1 meter when fed 1 watt of power. For every 3db increase, double the power required. As it's exponential, you very quickly reach the rational limits of performance...

Environmental Noise

Weakest sound heard 0dB
Whisper Quiet Library 30dB
Normal conversation (3-5') 60-70dB
Telephone dial tone 80dB
City Traffic (inside car) 85dB
Train whistle at 500', Truck Traffic 90dB
Subway train at 200' 95dB

Level at which sustained exposure may result in hearing loss 90 - 95dB
Power mower at 3' 107dB
Snowmobile, Motorcycle 100dB
Power saw at 3' 110dB
Sandblasting, Loud Rock Concert 115dB
Pain begins 125dB
Pneumatic riveter at 4' 125dB

Even short term exposure can cause permanent damage - Loudest recommended exposure WITH hearing protection 140dB
Jet engine at 100', Gun Blast 140dB
Death of hearing tissue 180dB
Loudest sound possible 194dB

Perceptions of Increases in Decibel Level
Imperceptible Change 1dB
Barely Perceptible Change 3dB
Clearly Noticeable Change 5dB
About Twice as Loud 10dB
About Four Times as Loud 20dB

Sound Levels of Music
Normal piano practice 60 -70dB
Fortissimo Singer, 3' 70dB
Chamber music, small auditorium 75 - 85dB
Piano Fortissimo 84 - 103dB
Violin 82 - 92dB
Cello 85 -111dB
Oboe 95-112dB
Flute 92 -103dB
Piccolo 90 -106dB
Clarinet 85 - 114dB
French horn 90 - 106dB
Trombone 85 - 114dB
Tympani & bass drum 106dB
Walkman on 5/10 94dB
Symphonic music peak 120 - 137dB
Amplifier rock, 4-6' 120dB
Rock music peak 150dB

A typical hunting rifle of moderate calibre will create a 140-160db spike. To recreate that accurately across the entire frequency spread would require a spectacularly massive PA system which unfortunately would be unable to fit in anyones armor or weapons. The "wattage rating" attached to most consumer electronics pieces is utterly worthless. Unless you are given a relative test effeciency and performance across the entire frequency sweep it is impossible to judge real world performance. I currently have a combined "wattage" available in just my subwoofer array in my theater of over 3500 watts which can comfortably reach reference level (110db) down below 20hz...

The short version is - ignore real-world loudness comparisons and try for something that can accurately recreate the sound effect while still being compact enough to fit...

Good Luck!

wow Dodwizard you know way to much or have to much free time . :) and i work around jets and my hearings fine , hmmm? what? did someone say something, speak up would ya :D

If you only want a nice looking representation of the ammo counter do this. (it wont count down, but will look nice)

Play halo (any version with the AR)
Hit thr PrtSc key (stands for print screen) should be on the top right of a standard keyboard.
Then open up MS paint, click edit, then click paste. Now youll have to print it a couple of time to get the scale right to match your pepakura AR, you can do that with stretch skew in the menu's)
Once its the right size print up a copy. cut it out. Now get two pieces of 1/16" lexan or plexiglass. Sand one of them until its opaque (looks foggy cant see through it.) put the opaque one behind the cut out, and put the shiny clear one in front. Then hot glue it as needed to install, be sure to rig up a nice light behind it, like a cheap LED from radio shack.

Should look nice when you done. And of course look game accurate.

armygetin said:
wow Dodwizard you know way to much or have to much free time . :) and i work around jets and my hearings fine , hmmm? what? did someone say something, speak up would ya :D

I'm actually an Audio/Video systems designer by trade and unfortunately, free time is something at a premium. I just saw an opportunity and seized it... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back