Need help about making Master Chief Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb Ellis

I have done a lot of research on how to make, and have some experience in using fiberglass. I still don't know which version to make, but I will probably stick with an older one so it is easier to fold. I can't figure out how to scale the armor to my body perfectly, I am 5' 11" and I have printed thighs and chestplates many times and they are all either made for a baby, or for someone who is 7 feet tall. Any tips on how to scale the files better? And some people say do not fiberglass the outside, others say just the outside, and others do both. Which is better? Most of the armor that goes on the legs or arms only have one side, how do I reverse it? Just fold and glue it inside out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
I have done a lot of research on how to make, and have some experience in using fiberglass. I still don't know which version to make, but I will probably stick with an older one so it is easier to fold. I can't figure out how to scale the armor to my body perfectly, I am 5' 11" and I have printed thighs and chestplates many times and they are all either made for a baby, or for someone who is 7 feet tall. Any tips on how to scale the files better? And some people say do not fiberglass the outside, others say just the outside, and others do both. Which is better? Most of the armor that goes on the legs or arms only have one side, how do I reverse it? Just fold and glue it inside out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Hello! I'm sorry this thread went unnoticed for so long. I will help you as much as I can but I have minimal experience with fibreglass resigning and so I will call i sure assistance from those better than me: Dirtdives ,Feel free to invite the others buddy. Just wanted to give the man some love The best method of scaling most of the people on this forrum would suggest is armor Smith. You would have to spend a few dollars of this program but it makes life so much easier as it scales the armor to an ingame model of your body. Sure there are ways of measuring yourself and using the numbers, but this is easier I guess. I would also suggest fibreglassing the inside only, because doing the outside would be complicated as you would have to sand it, and in doing do, may Sand through the fibreglass... I think

This is the extent of my knowledge in this subject and I hope I helped in some way.

Good luck spartan!

Hmm, I have not a lot of experience with costume making at all let alone for fiber glass. What I’m doing right now is using a pep layout to scale the armor to my size and adding in the thickness of the material I’m using. So let’s say my arm is around 4 inches thick. If I were to set my measurements to that size it end up being to small as the material being used is thicker than paper. So adding the of material above and below my arm would give me a better fit.
I feel like it would be better to have something a little big that can be fitted with an extra strap and some padding, rather than something you can’t fit in or is so big you could live inside it.

That all I can really think of. I’m about to start my own build with foam so most of what I said on sizing was told to me.
Hope it works out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back