Need Help On Pep Folds

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsuspectmammalx

im new to 405th and using pepakura i have no idea how to do the folds on pepakure what ive heard is that the blue lines are valley folds that are folded like a V and mountain fold are the red lines well [that are folded like a mountain] what i under stand so far is that i need to print me pep files on 110 llb cardstock cut them out then look at the piece on pepakure viewer and folow the folds is that all i need to know to start working on my helmet :) also my dad is a mechanic he has lots of stuff i can use to make my mask better if u have any ideas on anything i should add plz tell me

what do u mean by scoring dont u just fold on the lines plz tell and give example of scoring and thanks for help so far

my pepe files have straight black lines and and - - - - - lines what are the right folds and some pelaple color them in pc before printing to make eaiser how do u do that theys are my main questions plz anser guys

xbox live ganertag xsuspectmammalx

The folds that look like this --------- are mountain folds, these you fold down like this /\. These -.-.-.-.- are valley folds which should be folded to look like this \/. Welcome to the forums!

Yeah, but make it with a pen. It really doesn't matter which colors you use, al long as you keep it consistant.

I prefer scoring with a small pizza cutter, no pen. And no ruler, cuz I'm crazy like that.

EDIT:

I also pretty much ignore the dash styles because I pre-color the fold lines before I print them out. Valley folds colored green and mountain folds stay black.

Yes generally - - - - - is mountain (^) and -- - -- - -- is valley (V) but you should always check it on the pepviewer first because it is not always that way. Also I would always try different scoring methods out and see what works for you.

scoring makes the lines easier to fold. read the stickies. Crackhead09 has a great video.

(and Iceman29 I think... both are stickied)

MrOreo123 said:
I prefer scoring with a small pizza cutter, no pen. And no ruler, cuz I'm crazy like that.

EDIT:

I also pretty much ignore the dash styles because I pre-color the fold lines before I print them out. Valley folds colored green and mountain folds stay black.

if u can plz send me the file u used to makeur helmet it would really help since u already colored the mountain and valley folds it will make it eaiser for me if u can send it to me at suspect_soldier@live.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure that you score, I run the back side of my x-acto blade along the line before I make the fold.

This ensures that you fold is exactly on the line.

Good luck

Sithslayer78 said:
Here ya go. (both are stickies in a relatively obscure forum, I really don't blame you.)

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12558

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2043

second is missing pics but still useful.

sup.

the second one stickie u posted on my topic has no pictures like u said but is has a picture of a example of mountain and valley folds that is my main problem i need somebody to plz post a pic on my topic or send it to suspect_soldier@live.com i really need a good example

Last edited by a moderator:
I either use the back of my x-acto, when I have to manually cut,.. or just use the craftrobo's setting for scoring

I personally use my x-acto knife, to cut and score just make sure to go lighter when scoring. As for Craft ROBO would you say it is worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back