need help on pepakura helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragclone

i need to know sumthing: 1 what size is the armor set to? and my head is hitoricly(frags brother: it SO IS!) small for a 14 year old... XD ... ya he'll be joining soon :) anyway i need to know what kinda paper i use to print it on.

Fragclone said:
i need to know sumthing: 1 what size is the armor set to? and my head is hitoricly(frags brother: it SO IS!) small for a 14 year old... XD ... ya he'll be joining soon :) anyway i need to know what kinda paper i use to print it on.
Card Stock works great... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'll help you out with this one, but it's preferred by the Admin/Mod group and the general membership for a new member to use the "Search" function to find these things. Just check the stickied (pinned) threads at the top of this forum and you'll find the "Official pepakura scaling thread". That will answer all of your questions regarding properly scaling your Pepakura armour...

SPARTAN II said:
Well, I'll help you out with this one, but it's preferred by the Admin/Mod group and the general membership for a new member to use the "Search" function to find these things. Just check the stickied (pinned) threads at the top of this forum and you'll find the "Official pepakura scaling thread". That will answer all of your questions regarding properly scaling your Pepakura armour...
ya i found out the problem is. i cant save it o_O sumthing about a password?

A password? To save it? I'm afraid I don't know what you're referring to. I've never had that happen to me. Sorry, dude... :whistle:

Pepkura wont let you save unless you pay for the registration key. Its not that big of deal though.

SPARTAN II said:
A password? To save it? I'm afraid I don't know what you're referring to. I've never had that happen to me. Sorry, dude... :whistle:
well its if you havent purchased it. um do you know how to rotate your model?

SPARTAN II said:
you have to buy the pepakura program for 40 dollars but dont just save the scale in ms word

Leadingspartan said:
you have to buy the pepakura program for 40 dollars but dont just save the scale in ms word
i know. im just gonna print out what i have then start over tomorrow when i get more paper XD ive only got 15 peices and then i need alot of poster board. like that stirofoamic kind. im using that stuff. after the helm im doing the chest plate i guess.

Fragclone said:
i know. im just gonna print out what i have then start over tomorrow when i get more paper XD ive only got 15 peices and then i need alot of poster board. like that stirofoamic kind. im using that stuff. after the helm im doing the chest plate i guess.
yay someone doing the same as me im doing helmet then chest.

I need to know something,

I scaled it to my size, did everything from the sticky in the "Pepakura and Cardboard" part of these forums. (I believe the sticky was called "How to Make Pepakura Mjolnir Armor") Anywho, I wanted to know:

1. How I know what flap goes to what flap

2. How to distinguish between the different parts (I.E. how do I know if I'm cutting out the chin or the top of the helmet.)

3. What I should use FIRST to harden the paper. (I think you use Bondo, but I'm not sure)

4. What I do when I find the same eagle ID. (I.E. If I have Eagle ID #1 and find the other Eagle ID #1 do i need to glue it?)

5. What I need to do after I finish hardening the paper.

6. If I need a mask when using the hardening stuff. (and everything beyond that)

7. If I need a visor before I start folding and if so; where I can buy one (For cheap!).

I know these are all nub questions but I really dont want to go into this project not knowing my stuff. I also posted this in the noob forum but no one answered me. :cry:

Snakebite7 said:
I need to know something,

I scaled it to my size, did everything from the sticky in the "Pepakura and Cardboard" part of these forums. (I believe the sticky was called "How to Make Pepakura Mjolnir Armor") Anywho, I wanted to know:

1. How I know what flap goes to what flap

2. How to distinguish between the different parts (I.E. how do I know if I'm cutting out the chin or the top of the helmet.)

3. What I should use FIRST to harden the paper. (I think you use Bondo, but I'm not sure)

4. What I do when I find the same eagle ID. (I.E. If I have Eagle ID #1 and find the other Eagle ID #1 do i need to glue it?)

5. What I need to do after I finish hardening the paper.

6. If I need a mask when using the hardening stuff. (and everything beyond that)

7. If I need a visor before I start folding and if so; where I can buy one (For cheap!).

I know these are all nub questions but I really dont want to go into this project not knowing my stuff. I also posted this in the noob forum but no one answered me. :cry:

1. you glue the flaps together by using numbers to find the ones that go together. i.e. flap #1 goes to the other flap #1

2. the handiest way is to have the pep file still open, that way you can check with it. you click on the button that haS a box with one red side and a question mark, then you click on the peice you wre wondering about and hey presto, the corisponding face turns red on the model. it even rotates to give you a better look at it.

3. nope, bondo is for detailing. most people use fiber glass resin (just the resin) as a first layer or two to build up strength. you could go down the paper mache route thoe wich is cheaper and slightly less... toxic.

4. see answer 1.

5. if your going the fiber glass route you start fiber glassing the inside. theres a few tutorials on this so i wont go into it.

6. if your using fiberglass... HELL YES!!!! unless you think a mister chief suit is worth lung cancer.

7. nope, you can start folding right away. a cheap ones? thats the grail. normaly they will cost you about $20. there is a few alternatives including plastic with the shiny stuff boy racers put in their windows.

heh, you probibly didnt get an answer cuz everyone would probibly be avoiding there cuz their kinda sick of the people who post things like:
I WUNA MAKE TEH MISTER CHEIF!!!!!!!!!!!1 HELP MEEE!!1!!! NOW!!!! I HVNT LUKED ARONDZ BUT U MUST TELL ME WER STUF IZ AN JUS GIMME YOUR ONE!!!! HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BUY ONEZZ!!!!! etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back