Need help pointed in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rec0n

Greeting,
Decided I want to build an entire armour out of pep. Instead of foam as I'm way more comfortable w/ bondo & sanding. And I feel ill be able to work in more details.
AND may even go wild and try my hand at casting once I'm done.

But first things first, I need to start.
Can anyone suggest or point me in the right direction for pep files to build a centurion(fred) or shinobi armor/helmet?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Hey man! Pepakura is always a challenge, especially since you're doing a full body suit from pepakura! I give your props! (yes pun intended). I have a friend, Ethan, (check him out on Instagram @ethanjromesburg) He ended up sending me files to all the (if not, most) of the Halo 5 assets, including the Shinobi helmet. I have to check my folder to see if I have the armor too. So if you want I can go ahead and send those files. If they aren't already unfolded I can try to help you unfold it!

Quick note, my name is Kyle! I founded Vulcan Armory Props. I don't know why I haven't been active on the 405th before so I'm going to be dumping a lot of threads on the props I have made but you can check us out on Facebook (@vulcanarmoryprops) and Instagram (@theitguy16)

I hope this helps man! Good luck!

here is the helmet (w/ foam chest just ignore), the rest of the armor I'm still looking for in the archives. I have a set which I'm building but I can't seem to find it in the archives......odd.

Ok found it here. Just scroll down and you'll see it.

Always glad to see new members! especially ones with such ambition! But you always wanna make sure you know what you're getting yourself into. i've seen plenty of people jump into the forums saying stuff like "I JUST SAW IMPACT PROPS AT A CONVENTION! I WANNA MAKE THEIR SPARTAN LOCKE ONLY BETTER!!" and end up abandoning their build thread a few weeks later because they bit off WAY more than they could chew. this is especially true with Halo 5, since the armour is basically ULTRA hard mode for us costumers. Just take it one piece at a time, know your limit, take lots of pictures, and ask for help here if you need it!

Welcome to the 405th!

here is the helmet (w/ foam chest just ignore), the rest of the armor I'm still looking for in the archives. I have a set which I'm building but I can't seem to find it in the archives......odd.

Ok found it here. Just scroll down and you'll see it.

Dirt, i have a couple of questions regarding this. where can one find .PDF versions of the .PDO's? I don't have pep, and yes I know its a free program, i just don't have a laptop that can run it. I only have access to my work laptop and I don't have admin rights to add programs to my work computer. plus I would rather not add any programs that are not work related. I can however print from my work comp (at home of course), but it would have to be in some other format other than PDO... do you have experience converting from PDO to PDF? thanks again for any guidance you can offer.

Dirt, i have a couple of questions regarding this. where can one find .PDF versions of the .PDO's? I don't have pep, and yes I know its a free program, i just don't have a laptop that can run it. I only have access to my work laptop and I don't have admin rights to add programs to my work computer. plus I would rather not add any programs that are not work related. I can however print from my work comp (at home of course), but it would have to be in some other format other than PDO... do you have experience converting from PDO to PDF? thanks again for any guidance you can offer.

Believe it or not, I was in the same boat as you about a year ago. My home computer was/is down for good and all we have now are MACs and work computers are all linked and I couldn't get pep downloaded. I heard that there is a conversion program out there for the MAC but I haven't tried it.....I did ask about that from the Pepakura themselves but doesn't endorse the conversion. I have since managed to get my hands on a PC w/ wifi that I can link to my works wifi and get anything I need now. Converting from PDO to PDF is part of the Pep programming so it's no big deal. As far as "finding" PDF files.......not going to happen. I tried. I was lucky enough that someone ***Cough cough PerniciousDuke cough cough (Thank you) cough *** helped me out so now its my turn to pay forward. PM me what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Believe it or not, I was in the same boat as you about a year ago. My home computer was/is down for good and all we have now are MACs and work computers are all linked and I couldn't get pep downloaded. I heard that there is a conversion program out there for the MAC but I haven't tried it.....I did ask about that from the Pepakura themselves but doesn't endorse the conversion. I have since managed to get my hands on a PC w/ wifi that I can link to my works wifi and get anything I need now. Converting from PDO to PDF is part of the Pep programming so it's no big deal. As far as "finding" PDF files.......not going to happen. I tried. I was lucky enough that someone ***Cough cough PerniciousDuke cough cough (Thank you) cough *** helped me out so now its my turn to pay forward. PM me what you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

AWESOME! and for PDuke... he must rock! thanks again, i will shoot you a pm with what I'm looking for. hopefully its doable.

Thanks, and yes I know it's a BIG project that's why I've giving my self a whole year to complete and cleared my sceduale of all other projects.

Thanks, and yes I know it's a BIG project that's why I've giving my self a whole year to complete and cleared my sceduale of all other projects.

An admirable stance to take - I've seen too often members setting impossible deadlines for complex projects. Even assuming they're able to meet the deadline, the rush job makes the project look less than stellar.

Good luck with your work, and if you need anything, be sure to check the Archive!

I agree, and have said it may times. Consider this as a marathon and not a sprint. Pace yourself and your end product will be the better for it......as will your sanity.

Well after a good couple of hrs searching the archives I've noticed that most peps are in foam, with helmets been the exception. So after going down the line of the Gen 2 files I found the complete armor set of the H5 noble armor. I literally almost jumped out of my seat when I came across this, as my 1st attempt at a armour build was noble 6 from reach but failed due to too many other projects.

This armor seems to be slightly slimmer, a few less armor pieces, and it's noble 1. :) Right down my ally. So now with all the files downloaded, I have to work on sizing correctly & just picking a piece a get me going.

And ideas on the undersuit?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back