Need help with Halo 4 under suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, so I've made a full suit of armor before (Halo Reach pilot). I need to get in on the Halo 4 action.
So on to my question, How should I do an under suit? I know many people do foam, (I've done it, don't enjoy it) I want to try latex... what if i sculpted a life size under suit, and some how casted it in latex? I don't know, i need a unique idea to try. I want it to look GREAT!

What i have seen people do is make a mold for latex with their patten on it, then mold sheets and stitch it together, i have not done it myself, but i want to attept it for my master chief build. What you might be able to do is model it, then use latex pieces to fit it to your templates.
Hope that helps,
Benjamin

yea, that's what i was thinking, but how might that be possible? I've seen a Halo 4 didact build where he did that, maybe attach the back with a zipper?

yea, that's what i was thinking, but how might that be possible? I've seen a Halo 4 didact build where he did that, maybe attach the back with a zipper?
Check out EVAkura under suit, I was thinking of doing the foam for parts if it then putting latex on top with the hexagonal imprint

i would say rock a full body suit (top and bottom) and it will look really good under the armor and you will have alot of places to run straps or stitch latches or clips on for all the armor piece, i believe thats what Melissa did with her odst suit and what brad did with the yellow wetwork, i was there and they looked amazing
BObLcycCcAA3bcm.jpg
405th-at-HW-booth.jpe

/\ im the dude with the helmet and she is in front of me

Attachments

• BObLcycCcAA3bcm.jpg
    BObLcycCcAA3bcm.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 405th-at-HW-booth.jpe
    405th-at-HW-booth.jpe
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,379
I was thinking full body suit. The only issue is when i tried it with my Halo reach build it never looked right. I want a good looking undersuit that's flexible and looks DEAD on. I'm going to put up updates when i start on it, i'm researching my Butt off right now.

Welcome to one of the most difficult items to replicate :) Mine is just hanging around waiting for some armor :)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Hey guys, an update is in order. I came up with a good idea to get a good texture.

If you take like a fish net and lay it over your object and spray rubber sealant on it and let it dry and pull up the fish net. it gives you the raised texture. There may be a better object to pray over, but i got some good texture from what i had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back