Need Help With Odst (Recon Variant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wogle

Hey guys

I've been planning on an ODST costume since 2008, but never got round to it until the last couple of months. And now I've decided to adapt it into the Recon variant seen:

Halo3-ODST_CharConcept-04.jpg

A lot of the costume can be made from already existing ODST Pepakura files, but the major problem I've been having is the stomach plate. I've checked a few other topics, and I can't seem to find any Pep-files or links to how to make it, and from what I can tell a lot of the Dare costume-makers had to make it from scratch themselves.

Am I right in assuming I'll just have to make this from scratch?

Oh and those big blue shoulder straps. What are they connected to?

well, if you look around, you'll find quite a few threads on the Dare gear.

as for the shoulder straps, they are connected to a recon pack. that will also be with one of the threads. sorry I couldn't help you more, but my computer just got wiped.

I know there's a dare chest around somewhere with a basic stomach plate.

You'll probably have to scratch build some stuff, or you could mod the existing stuff.

As for the straps, scratch build that ontop of the newer torso piece found HERE. Also all the other parts from here can be modded to fit your needs, hopefully :D.

I'm pretty sure I have the Dare chest, but it's a pretty rough model.

Thanks guys.

I did end up finding the thread with a lot of the Dare stuff in it. Not 100% convinced on the abplate, but I'll pep it and see how it looks. I think I can get away with using the regular chest-plate, as if you look at the artwork for the variants, it's pretty much the same.

Wogle said:
Thanks guys.

I did end up finding the thread with a lot of the Dare stuff in it. Not 100% convinced on the abplate, but I'll pep it and see how it looks. I think I can get away with using the regular chest-plate, as if you look at the artwork for the variants, it's pretty much the same.

Sweetness, Oh, I forgot to say earlier:

Welcome to the 405th!

Here's a cookie

super_mario_cookie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
JUICE did the ab plate and the chest plate.

Here is the link!! JUICE

Hope this helps. I am also doing the recon variant. Both plates look good with very little modification for your size and detail.

Here is what mine looks like:

AB Plate

FILE0024.jpg

Chest Plate:

Forgot to take photo. Will do when I get a chance between classes.

Have fun!!

@Brothers Darkness = Haha, thanks. Awesome cookie!

@Anubis = That doesn't look too bad built up. It's looks pretty good! Great Pepping on your part as well.

Well guess I've got all the files need then. Just need to print everything out and start pepping everything. Hopefully by then my Jesmonite will have arrived.

This 405th community is REALLY nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back